kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the best
1000092832.jpg
There we go, Luis. Nice Pic. Lol, mine is a peacekeeper. When the yellow damsel starts being a jerk, the blenny will swim around him in small circles. It just makes the yellow jerk retreat and behave.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had that light but I have only heard good things about it

That's a good cuc
You can also think of a sanbed starfish, nassarius snail and tiger conch for they take care of the sand

OP
OP
kingranch2003

kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had that light but I have only heard good things about it

That's a good cuc
You can also think of a sanbed starfish, nassarius snail and tiger conch for they take care of the sand
Great options! The stars are really cool. And thank you for recommending a snail, as I'm less familiar with them.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love that shot Kevin.
Thank you, that was the day I got it. Like you it has become my favorite fish. So much personality in such a small package!

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @luis angel , a tiger conch and nassarius snails are a must to keep your sandbed clean. I have both plus a diamond watchman goby and never have to touch my sandbed.

OP
OP
kingranch2003

kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @luis angel , a tiger conch and nassarius snails are a must to keep your sandbed clean. I have both plus a diamond watchman goby and never have to touch my sandbed.
Great, thank you guys. I'm going to my lfs in a couple days and I really wanted to have an idea before I went in to buy. I've definitely seen a tiger conch and several types of snails hopefully nassarius. Ill let you know what i end up with. @luis angel @kevgib67

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, thank you guys. I'm going to my lfs in a couple days and I really wanted to have an idea before I went in to buy. I've definitely seen a tiger conch and several types of snails hopefully nassarius. Ill let you know what i end up with. @luis angel @kevgib67
Listen to @luis angel he is smarter than me, I went to public school.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You both are to kind! An authentic Cuban sandwich is still on my bucket list Luis!
I feel like I owe you one, somehow I have to send you one, even if it's through Uber Eats.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I owe you one, somehow I have to send you one, even if it's through Uber Eats.
I wish everyone lived closer, my birdsnest is breaking the surface, my monti cap is out of control and I need to frag my Raga Rampage chalice. I would love to give them away. I haven’t done it before but I don’t want my animals in the trash and I think I don’t have anybody to give them to.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish everyone lived closer, my birdsnest is breaking the surface, my monti cap is out of control and I need to frag my Raga Rampage chalice. I would love to give them away. I haven’t done it before but I don’t want my animals in the trash and I think I don’t have anybody to give them to.
Can you imagine everything we would do if we lived nearby, between fishing and the tanks, my wife kicks me out of the house lol, try to sell it Kev, so you get something back so you can continue investing in the tank or in something else

WalkerLovesTheOcean

I love acans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Sorry I haven't been active in this thread! Life has gotten incredibly busy, and I also stopped receiving notifications. Your updates are awesome! The tank is really coming together. Love the new candy cane coral! It's stunning! And welcome to the tailspot lover group! I have a tailspot too, and mine has the funniest little personality.

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Sorry I haven't been active in this thread! Life has gotten incredibly busy, and I also stopped receiving notifications. Your updates are awesome! The tank is really coming together. Love the new candy cane coral! It's stunning! And welcome to the tailspot lover group! I have a tailspot too, and mine has the funniest little personality.
They are the best!

OP
OP
kingranch2003

kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way lol, I went to school in Cuba lol, also you are my role model @kevgib67 and not only in aquariums ;)

Can you imagine everything we would do if we lived nearby, between fishing and the tanks, my wife kicks me out of the house lol, try to sell it Kev, so you get something back so you can continue investing in the tank or in something else
We'd all be in trouble, I guess. If I'm not chasing fish around my tank, I'm chasing them in the Gulf! Lol

OP
OP
kingranch2003

kingranch2003

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No way lol, I went to school in Cuba lol, also you are my role model @kevgib67 and not only in aquariums ;)

Hi,

Thanks so much for following along with my build, Walker. I really appreciate the compliments. I've had my eye on a candy cane since I started making my coral wish list! I didn't realize all three of you had tailspots. I'm honored to be part of the crew . I don't blame you. What a personality.

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back