My 40b Build

mcdrichj

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2019
Messages
340
Reaction score
473
Location
Rindge, NH
What state or country do you live in
New Hampshire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was an exciting day for my girlfriend and I our offer was accepted on a house! I figured today would be a good day to start my build thread.

So about a year or 2 ago I upgraded my cichlid tank from a 40b to a 75, when I did I took the 40b and put an overflow on it. I wanted to work on a tank but I had no space to upgrade. Well when we move in I will certainly have space.
20190907_011354.jpg


I just got 40lbs of reef saver delivered today. Since I wont be closing until the beginning of next month I have the rock curing.
20190907_011200.jpg


I will be going to the house tuesday morning for the inspection and I'm going to scope a couple different areas that I could put the tank. I will tank some pictures.
 
Thanks, I'm pretty hyped up! I get a house and I get to do a build can't get too much better than that!
 
Update: I have already started looking at bigger tanks to consider my options. On tuesday at the home inspection I will figure everything out and come up with a plan for where its going and see if I can make a sump room. I am also considering starting to finish the basement and just setting it up there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new