My 40Gallon cube with Integrated Sump

JohnSea101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 40 gallon cube tank with an integrated sump. I’ve only had it going for about six months, but I have two SPS that are growing very well plus an array of zilla, a torch, a hammer, a toadstool, a Dunkin, Acans, a candy cane, etc. Everything has split at least twice so the tank is doing very well.
I’ve already gotten permission from my wife to get a 200 gallon tank…
I guess you could say I got the bug! Does anybody have any recommendations on doing a tank to tank transfer? I’m sure there’s plenty opinions on whether to use the same water as a spike or create a new tank, water, etc., etc. thanks ahead of time for the discussion…

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use the same water and rock, you just want to throw out any of the sand and the little amount of water left after you take the rocks out. When I transferred tanks I used some fritzyme 9 to be safe but im sure it wasnt needed. Everything was fine with the move acropora to elegance corals and anemones.

OP
OP
JohnSea101

JohnSea101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can use the same water and rock, you just want to throw out any of the sand and the little amount of water left after you take the rocks out. When I transferred tanks I used some fritzyme 9 to be safe but im sure it wasnt needed. Everything was fine with the move acropora to elegance corals and anemones.
Thanks!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back