My 450 reef

rng_pw

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2008
Messages
612
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a full tank shot that I took today. I'll try to get a picture with a straight on view soon.

IMG_5383-1.jpg
 
Nice tank can you give us specs of your system?

Well I keep everything pretty simple, I have a 450 gallon display made by ATM in Las Vegas. Dual custom coast to coast rear overflows. My goal was to keep cost down with this tank so I went as low wattage on all of my equipment as possible. For returns I am running 2 rio 2100 pumps. Most of my flow comes from 2-6201 tunzie's and 4-6101 tunzies. I also have a maxijetmod and a Koralia 4 for added flow behind the rocks. Underneath the tank is one 40 gallon breeder sump with a heater and ATB skimmer with the airstar pump, and a 40 gallon breeder fuge filled with chaeto. For lights I am running 3-400 watt reeflux 12k bulbs along with 6-4ft t-5's for actinics. Pretty simple really. Low cost and it does the job. The tank is just only a year old. Ohh yeah I have a 30 gallon fresh water ATO tank that feeds into my kalk reactor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new