My 60 gallon system!

megtrax17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just working on building up my reef tank! Have some more corals coming soon.

It’s my baby! I currently have my second pump off as the anenome can’t decide where he wants to be. I have some materials coming to build a guard for it as I imagine they will want to move again once a new flow starts.

IMG_7217.jpeg

Edit 2/16/24

Decided to rehome the anenome to make room and got more coral. Decided to maybe show updates and progress on my Tik tok for fun.

Edit: 2/28/24

Unfortunatley I had an ich ourbreak or a parasite of some kind. I had to take all the rock out to catch my fish and it now sits empty for the next 2 months while the fishies are in quarantine. I had to reglue a lot of coral! In the mean time I was gifted several pieces of live rock so I added a lot more and decided to rescape since the opportunity presented itself. It sat out for 3 days in buckets but it was still very wet so I took the risk. A small ammonia spike as expected but within 24 hours it was gone (yay for the strong bacteria colony). My fish are looking so much better in just 3 days of treatment but I have to resist the strong urge to put them back! I won a skimmer from these forums and I can’t wait to test it out!!!! IMG_8012.jpeg

Edit 3/6/24

After all the extra rock I have it probably equals back to the 40 gallons even including my sump haha! I added a lot more coral. I don’t plan to add more (we all know how that goes) for the time being as I tried to plan everything based on future growth… I’m so excited to see what it’ll turn into!!!

Edit 3/14/24

I am doing well battling whatever disease spread. For now my tank is still fishless till May 10th. However it’s changed so much! I build a canopy and “doors” for my tank to make it look nicer. I love it! Waiting for magnets to come, but for now tape and Velcro is holding the fort down! IMG_8294.jpeg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back