My 65 Gal Build

61Pitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have got back into the hobby after around 5 years away. I am not ashamed to say I might have used my 3 year old daughter to help convince my wife that we needed a tank again. Well it worked because this past December she gave the go ahead and I started gathering up items I would need. My plan is for a mixed reef set up. its a Seapora Reef Ready with a Durso Overflow. I probably should change it to a Herbie, but don't think I will do that for this tank. The stand and canopy are my wife's choices, although i like them as well. I might not have went with a canopy but it works for the room. Want to make her happy as well since I am planning a larger basement tank, but that is for down the road.

Empty F.jpg

We did the aquascape with around 40 lbs of dry rock, and some flat stax rocks for the foundation. Tried to make something interesting but wanted to know everyone's thoughts. I might need more rock but wanted to keep it fairly open with easy access to the glass. I am planning to put more block in the sump/refugium area to help. I do have some room for a small island in the front left corner in the future but we will see.

Rock F.jpg
Rock FR.jpg

Ill post an equipment list once I finish plumbing the sump this evening. Let me know what you think or areas I could improve. A few other questions as I am thinking of getting 2 AI Prime lights for the tank would that be good. I kind of like the small pucks. As for powerheads thinking the Icecap Gyre or 2 because I like the low profile.

OP
OP

61Pitt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Equipment list I have, but will still need to add some items.
Skimmer: Reef Octopus Classic 110INT 4"
Return pump: COR-20
Heater: BRS 300W with Ink Bird Controller
Sump: Eshopps AR-100 Aqua Fuge
ATO: ATK V2 ATO Neptune Systems

Some items i am still planning on getting are
Lights: 2 AI Prime HD
Powerheads: 1 or 2 Icecap Gyres
Neptune Apex EL
AI Prime Fuge or GRO light for refugium.

I was deciding if I wanted an Apex as i have never used a controller, but i think I decided with out knowing when I bought the COR 20 and the ATO.

I originally planed on a UV sterilizer but think I am not going that route.

One other item I might get is a KLIR DI-4 roller mat instead of the filter socks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 107 57.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 55 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 66 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 56 30.3%
Back