OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again, Jeff! Best of luck with your move and getting your new system set up!
You're welcome, nice meeting you. I look forward to the mushrooms grown in your system. I hoping you get a bounce to grown.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To day is bitter sweet. The tank is empty except sand. Tomorrow I will finish the breakdown.
Thank @acro-ed and @Js.Aqua.Project for taking the fish, coral, and rock. Check out the new Tank thread Link. I am hoping to be back in business in 6 to 9 months.
I’m proud of you. It’s not easy on the heart.

At least you’ll participate with us on the forums. :D

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't grab the filter so the photos are a little on the blue side, but the Trigger and Tang are in the 240.

Attachments

• PXL_20231001_042357686.jpg
    PXL_20231001_042357686.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PXL_20231001_042251139.jpg
    PXL_20231001_042251139.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m proud of you. It’s not easy on the heart.

At least you’ll participate with us on the forums. :D
Some days just coming to R2R breaks the drama of life. I have met quite a few friends here that also bring me back, besides the vast knowledge of members to ask questions when I get stuck on something.

First time in over 5 years that I am not feeding the fish this morning. I am breaking down more today. What the sad part is that since euro brace is cracked, I am trashing the tank. I am also trashing the sump.

I woke up this morning thinking, do I build my new sump and new reservoir out of glass or buy. I am thinking of building with glass, drilling drains in both and over flows then having the glass tempered?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't grab the filter so the photos are a little on the blue side, but the Trigger and Tang are in the 240.
Good to see that Ethel (tang) and Berta(trigger). How is the big girl/aka the assassin and her accomplice doing?

When I set up again, I will find another Niger trigger, I might do another hippo maybe something else and two clowns.

The new DT is 110. gallons and the sump is looking add another 20 to 25 gallons to the system.

As the new system grows I will add more fish for nitrates.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is gone, all the pumps are cleaned, drying over night to be packed tomorrow.

IMG_1590.jpeg

6 years of setup, growing. 3 days to tear down.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see that Ethel (tang) and Berta(trigger). How is the big girl/aka the assassin and her accomplice doing?

When I set up again, I will find another Niger trigger, I might do another hippo maybe something else and two clowns.

The new DT is 110. gallons and the sump is looking add another 20 to 25 gallons to the system.

As the new system grows I will add more fish for nitrates.
The Assassin and her Accomplice seem to be really enjoying themselves in the BTAs that are at school (I teach at a local high school and sponsor the Marine Biology Club).
PXL_20231002_134300267~2.jpg

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the update, that is awesome that they have Nems for host in. The assassin will be happy with her mate. it took a few times to pair her. I get attached to the fish, I am relieved the fish have good homes. :)

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there! I've been MIA for a little bit. Sad to see the bowfront go, but I'm looking forward to the new build. Hope the move is going well and you're getting settled in.

Namaste.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there! I've been MIA for a little bit. Sad to see the bowfront go, but I'm looking forward to the new build. Hope the move is going well and you're getting settled in.

Namaste.
Thank you, we all have a bunch going on. Hope you are well.

We are almost finished packing, we load next weekend to leave Florida on the 31st. We will be homeless for a short time. We are waiting for the realtors and lenders to get there part done.

I am thinking it's going to take me at the least of 6 months before I will get time for the new system set up. I first have to get the business set up and running before I can play.

Js

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you, we all have a bunch going on. Hope you are well.

We are almost finished packing, we load next weekend to leave Florida on the 31st. We will be homeless for a short time. We are waiting for the realtors and lenders to get there part done.

I am thinking it's going to take me at the least of 6 months before I will get time for the new system set up. I first have to get the business set up and running before I can play.

Js
Where's your final destination? Hopefully only homeless by technical definition... I assume you'll be doing something like an extended stay hotel type thing, yes? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what business are you starting/ expanding?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Warning *** my better half will be in the DC area running the Marine Corp full marathon next weekend Warning**** :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have to stay behind and load pods, oh joy!!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Where's your final destination? Hopefully only homeless by technical definition... I assume you'll be doing something like an extended stay hotel type thing, yes?

We have been looking at a property in Troy Mo., that check all the boxes. We are in the waiting process to get the loan commit from the buyers lender to make an offer without contingency to protect ourselves. Our realtor is STL is a close friend and like to protect his clients.

We will be living at a condo of someone else I know temporally. I also have to have a home for these guys.
IMG_0567.jpeg

Extended stay would be expensive for a month or two, plus the better half needs a place to work from home with a good internet connection and privacy.

if you don't mind me asking, what business are you starting/ expanding?
I am kind of just going to live my last years not trying to become rich, but enjoy myself.

The plan is to reestablish our custom millwork & furniture business with a short commute/walk to work, in a small town environment. We mill and build like to use be, by taking my time, picking quality over volume.

I have also been cooking professionally for quite a long time, we are thinking of hosting a wedding or two on the property. I shut down the food truck and catering company during covid. We kept all the equipment and the food truck. I am thinking of sell the food truck once I get up there. More opportunities to sell the truck up there than here. Not to get political, all I am going to say. it is interesting running a food truck business with all the roadblocks that are in our way down here.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Warning *** my better half will be in the DC area running the Marine Corp full marathon next weekend Warning**** :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I have to stay behind and load pods, oh joy!!:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

We have been looking at a property in Troy Mo., that check all the boxes. We are in the waiting process to get the loan commit from the buyers lender to make an offer without contingency to protect ourselves. Our realtor is STL is a close friend and like to protect his clients.

We will be living at a condo of someone else I know temporally. I also have to have a home for these guys.
IMG_0567.jpeg

Extended stay would be expensive for a month or two, plus the better half needs a place to work from home with a good internet connection and privacy.

I am kind of just going to live my last years not trying to become rich, but enjoy myself.

The plan is to reestablish our custom millwork & furniture business with a short commute/walk to work, in a small town environment. We mill and build like to use be, by taking my time, picking quality over volume.

I have also been cooking professionally for quite a long time, we are thinking of hosting a wedding or two on the property. I shut down the food truck and catering company during covid. We kept all the equipment and the food truck. I am thinking of sell the food truck once I get up there. More opportunities to sell the truck up there than here. Not to get political, all I am going to say. it is interesting running a food truck business with all the roadblocks that are in our way down here.
Can't argue with any of that, good sir. Godspeed!

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just popping in to see how the move went. You guys all settled in yet?
Peek A Boo GIF by chuber channel
Thank you for the thoughtfulness. The move went well. We are camping out right now, and waiting the sellers market out right now.

Yesterday was the first day back on R2R in a bit. We are trying to find our stuff for temporary living. This remind me of a old George Carlin skit about decided what to take as one is down sizing:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Going thought the meet & greets yesterday, I sure am missing a reef tank. Then the idea came up to start a small tank, this is still an idea.

I am really enjoying waring jackets, fleeces that I have not worn in sometime or ever. I am also enjoying, not sweating when I just walkout side, having to finish outside work before it gets to hot.

I am going to the DMV in a few;)

How are you?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Jeffery! I knew you were moving, but didn't know it was going to go this quickly. Welcome back to R2R!

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the thoughtfulness. The move went well. We are camping out right now, and waiting the sellers market out right now.

Yesterday was the first day back on R2R in a bit. We are trying to find our stuff for temporary living. This remind me of a old George Carlin skit about decided what to take as one is down sizing:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Going thought the meet & greets yesterday, I sure am missing a reef tank. Then the idea came up to start a small tank, this is still an idea.

I am really enjoying waring jackets, fleeces that I have not worn in sometime or ever. I am also enjoying, not sweating when I just walkout side, having to finish outside work before it gets to hot.

I am going to the DMV in a few;)

How are you?
I'm good. Managing health issues and trying to stay busy. I live in the DMV on the Maryland side of the beltway. When are you coming, for what, and what area?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm good. Managing health issues and trying to stay busy. I live in the DMV on the Maryland side of the beltway. When are you coming, for what, and what area?
The wife just ran the Marine Corp 26.2 10/29 in DC. I stayed back to pack.

I had to go to the DMV to switch over plates and license :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Now I have to dig though a container to find one box with more information to give to the DMV:face-with-tears-of-joy:

Those health issues are a pain, I know. Staying busy is a good thing, but not too busy. I keep telling myself that I am going to enjoy this holiday season like I have not in a long time.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 12.9%
Back