My 80 Rebuild - pic heavy

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been rebuilding my system over the last couple months so I thought I'd share.
We moved 3 years ago to a new house and the tank kind of took a back seat to life for a while and I had a hard time getting it set up the way I wanted. Lost quite a few SPS along the way, battled some bubble algae and aptasia but pretty happy with how things are going. Finally got sand back in my tank yesterday
  • Display is a custom 80 gal built by Jason@CFI.
  • Moved sump that was under cabinet and plumbed through the wall to the garage.
  • DIY 75 gal sump
  • 75 gal refugium
  • Livestock: 1 yellow tang, hermits, snails, Dragon Soul Favia, zoa's, fungia plate coral that doesn't know it's a plate coral, Ziggy Stardust monti (recovering), setosa monti (recovering).
IMAG1738.jpg

IMAG1739.jpg

IMAG1740.jpg

IMAG1741.jpg

IMAG1742.jpg

IMAG1744.jpg

IMAG1746.jpg

IMAG1747.jpg

IMAG1748.jpg

IMAG1750.jpg

IMAG1752.jpg

IMAG1753.jpg

IMAG1755.jpg

IMAG1757.jpg

IMAG1749.jpg

Last edited:

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, everything looks awesome

OP
OP
RedoubtReef

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before and After shots from under the stand. Best thing about this is that now all I have under there is the Radion power supplies, MP40 controllers and it's now the home for my QT for the next few months while I restock fish. Have a Lavender Tang in QT at the moment.

IMAG1607.jpg

IMAG1605.jpg

IMAG1669.jpg

IMAG1670.jpg

IMAG1730.jpg

IMAG1733.jpg

rebekwl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! I love lavender tangs, they're gorgeous. Are you planning on using an acclimation box when introducing it to the display to curb any aggression issues from the yellow tang?

OP
OP
RedoubtReef

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks! not sure on how I'll introduce the two. The yellow has always been good with the other fish, when I had them, and the Lav is quite a bit smaller and since they are a different genus, I'm going to see how it goes. I think the Lav was in with other tangs when I got him and don't remember seeing any aggression.

rebekwl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the yellow will be kind!! Has he been alone for long?

OP
OP
RedoubtReef

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
had a couple file fish that he was really friendly with for a couple months but the file fish didn't make it. other than that it's just been him for the last 2 years

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been rebuilding my system over the last couple months so I thought I'd share.
We moved 3 years ago to a new house and the tank kind of took a back seat to life for a while and I had a hard time getting it set up the way I wanted. Lost quite a few SPS along the way, battled some bubble algae and aptasia but pretty happy with how things are going. Finally got sand back in my tank yesterday
  • Display is a custom 80 gal built by Jason@CFI.
  • Moved sump that was under cabinet and plumbed through the wall to the garage.
  • DIY 75 gal sump
  • 75 gal refugium
  • Livestock: 1 yellow tang, hermits, snails, Dragon Soul Favia, zoa's, fungia plate coral that doesn't know it's a plate coral, Ziggy Stardust monti (recovering), setosa monti (recovering).

IMAG1755.jpg

IMAG1757.jpg

IMAG1749.jpg

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this looks like Caribsea Real Reef rock and that’s what I’m thinking about for my new build. Can I have an update on your thoughts about it?

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 46 60.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back