My 92 Gallon Corner Reef

William Duritsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is what my 92 gallon corner reef currently looks like. It has been running for 5 1/2 years consecutively (8 1/2 years total but I tore everything down for 6 months and left it dry after a bad velvet outbreak) and has had corals for the past year and a half. I'm really happy with how everything is growing at the moment and am happy to say that I have only lost a few frags since starting with my corals. I did something a little unique with this setup that I really haven't seen before, which is that I put it on a corner instead of in a corner. Doing this has given me 2 separate viewing windows and allows me easy access to my equipment. Tell me what you guys think!

As a side note my toadstool was not open in this picture due to siphoning a little bit of detritus off of it during a water change. Everything else looked amazing though so I had to take a picture of everything.
IMG_4363.JPG
IMG_4364.JPG
IMG_4365.JPG
IMG_4366.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the tank looks great.

chickofthesea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. May we see a pic of how it sits in the room and of your sump area please. I love a corner tank but always shied because of sump access. I love a roomy sump though.

OP
OP
William Duritsch

William Duritsch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5055.JPG
IMG_5054.JPG
IMG_5034.JPG
IMG_5053.JPG
IMG_5038.JPG
IMG_5039.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_5041.JPG
IMG_5042.JPG
IMG_5043.JPG
IMG_5044.JPG
IMG_5035.JPG
IMG_5036.JPG
IMG_5037.JPG

Beautiful. May we see a pic of how it sits in the room and of your sump area please. I love a corner tank but always shied because of sump access. I love a roomy sump though.
Sorry for the extremely late response, I go to school out of state and didn't have access to my tank to take the photos you requested at the time. Here are a bunch of photos of how the tank sits in the room and my sump/equipment set up. I use a premade sump that I ordered from eBay as my refugium and for some extra filtration I added a ehiem ecco pro and a bulk Reef supply carbon/gfo reactor. My skimmer is hung on the back of the tank and is the eshopps 100 gallon model. I have sump access through the 2 main doors on the bow front side and from the back of the other 2 sides. I cover the access hole on the side that is easily seen with a styrofoam lid that I painted black to match the color of the stand.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 90 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back