My Anenome's Dying

Nosaj82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! These guys aren't looking to happy lately, are they dying?
IMG_0760.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell me that is a green bubble tip anemone and not a seebai, if it is a green bubble then you can probably save it but for starters how old is your tank, and what are your parameters?

OP
OP
N

Nosaj82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that's a green bubble and the tank is a little over two months old. Parameters in the pic below. Test kit is API
IMG_0761.JPG

AntarcticIkeelu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first problem is the age of your tank. If it dies I wouldn't add another one until your tank is at least 6 months old. If you are trying to bring it back I would start by slowing raising your nitrates to 5-10ppm. All coral and filter feeders need food and the way they get this is through nutrients in your tank. Given that your tank is so young its possible that your reading will still be all over the place for a few more months but your best chance of saving that nem is to make sure it has plenty to eat. You could try feeding it brine or Mysis but given the way it looks, I doubt it will take in whole foods.

OP
OP
N

Nosaj82

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your first problem is the age of your tank. If it dies I wouldn't add another one until your tank is at least 6 months old. If you are trying to bring it back I would start by slowing raising your nitrates to 5-10ppm. All coral and filter feeders need food and the way they get this is through nutrients in your tank. Given that your tank is so young its possible that your reading will still be all over the place for a few more months but your best chance of saving that nem is to make sure it has plenty to eat. You could try feeding it brine or Mysis but given the way it looks, I doubt it will take in whole foods.

Thank you. I will try and do what I can to save them. There is two in those pics and neither are looking to healthy.

Wish my LFS told me the same and to give it time before adding them.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back