My anthias is changing color???

Default

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what kind of anthias this is and why it is changing from all orange to this? I'm assuming it is a combination of age and male vs. female thing. I bought a pair and the other is not changing at all. The caudal fin also appears to be growing into a lyretail. Any info would be appreciated!



Anthias.jpg
 
That is currently happening with my Lyretail group. Dominant female is transitioning to male. Fins and tail darkening.
 
Looks like a lyretail.
 
Agree on lyretail and possible change in sexes
 
Can anyone tell me what kind of anthias this is and why it is changing from all orange to this? I'm assuming it is a combination of age and male vs. female thing. I bought a pair and the other is not changing at all. The caudal fin also appears to be growing into a lyretail. Any info would be appreciated!



Anthias.jpg
Lyertail anthias. Turning into male. Did you only have two? Here is my male and female so you can see what its turning into typically its good to have a harem of them, one male and females. Mine consists of a male and 4 females! They are so pretty when they get their male colors.
 

Attachments

  • 93C5820E-AC7E-4625-8D26-B95A04697898.png
    93C5820E-AC7E-4625-8D26-B95A04697898.png
    766.3 KB · Views: 119
  • 718A0398-E1C6-4A68-BFBD-EDBD91DB1D52.jpeg
    718A0398-E1C6-4A68-BFBD-EDBD91DB1D52.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 32060B86-96C7-4FD7-86F5-DD749B108F62.jpeg
    32060B86-96C7-4FD7-86F5-DD749B108F62.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 109
Can anyone tell me what kind of anthias this is and why it is changing from all orange to this? I'm assuming it is a combination of age and male vs. female thing. I bought a pair and the other is not changing at all. The caudal fin also appears to be growing into a lyretail. Any info would be appreciated!



Anthias.jpg
This is a Lyretail going from female to male, completely normal :)
It looks like you may have the Fiji Lyretails which have a deep purple body as males.
 
This is a Lyretail going from female to male, completely normal :)
It looks like you may have the Fiji Lyretails which have a deep purple body as males.
I must have an Indian Ocean one! Didnt know they were different colors until you mentioned purple. I was like mines like a red pink orange goldish color! Way cool
 
I must have an Indian Ocean one! Didnt know they were different colors until you mentioned purple. I was like mines like a red pink orange goldish color! Way cool
This isn’t my photo but here’s a nice photo of the Fijian species (I don’t believe it’s been described as a different species and still goes under Squampinnis).
IMG_6096.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new