My Aqua knight v2 led broke

Levinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just pull down my big tanks and moved to a smaller tank.
For the small tank, I setup my old Aqua knight v2 36w led light, 50% on all channels and it didn't look right. It looked way too white.
The timer feature on V2 was already broken so I was using a smart plug as a timer and it could measure the power being used by the device.
I fiddled with the channel outputs and also looked to see how much power was being used.
Channel A at 100%: less than 0.5w, it was barely lid. I think the main blue channel.
Channel B at 100%: 6.4w
Channel C at 100%: 10.3w
All at 100%: 16w, nowhere near 36w.

What a bummer. I don't have any photosynthetic creatures in the tank so there are no issues for now but will I need some new light if I want to get some soft corals like mushrooms?
I won't be using my other maxspsct lights from the bigger tanks (they're not suitable and I'll be selling them).
Just wanted to rant. I probably be posting about which light to buy, etc in the future.

cwerner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard good things about NoopPsyche and they are on the cheaper end of the spectrum. Otherwise I have 2 of the Current USA R24 lights setup on my IM 50 lagoon AIO and they seem to do a really good job.

ZoaGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the larger watt version of the aqua knight and I absolutely love it. My old aqua knight 36 watt lasted about 6 years before I think salt creep corroded the inside.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 78 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back