My Arrow crab will not molt.

  • Thread starter Thread starter SBOJr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SBOJr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Washington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had an arrow crab for a few months and it has not molted. I also had a coral banded shrimp in the same tank for a while and it molted twice before I moved it. I also have 2 clownfish and a few corals in the tank that are doing great. Any Idea's?
 
I have had an arrow crab for a few months and it has not molted. I also had a coral banded shrimp in the same tank for a while and it molted twice before I moved it. I also have 2 clownfish and a few corals in the tank that are doing great. Any Idea's?

I don’t know how often arrow crabs molt but molting frequency is species specific. Some crabs and shrimp molt often, others only a limited number of times over their lifetime. I don’t think that should be a sign of concern as long as it appears healthy etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new