My Attempt at Breeding Mandarin Dragonetts!

More:
IMG_1098.jpg
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg
IMG_1101.jpg
 
The stand is dead level and attached to the wall with 3" screws on all 3 tiers, Plus they have about 6-7 gallons in them, so I'm not too worried about disaster. I will definitely consider doing something about the hanging tanks, but space is very limited.
 
Are you only using Nanno for your copepods? If so, you might want to consider adding another phytoplankton and a diatom.

CJ
 
Are you only using Nanno for your copepods? If so, you might want to consider adding another phytoplankton and a diatom.

CJ

I feed them tetraselmis, it has been working well for 10 months. I will look into diatoms.
 
Tet is good, but adding a diatom will increase your population much quicker. Gresham had recommended Thalassiosira weissflogii to me, which I'm using. You can culture it the same way as the Tet, but you also need to add silicate, which you can get from FAF.

CJ
 
The stand is dead level and attached to the wall with 3" screws on all 3 tiers, Plus they have about 6-7 gallons in them, so I'm not too worried about disaster. I will definitely consider doing something about the hanging tanks, but space is very limited.

Yea I just bought a 75 gallon stand and the stand only supports the the tank on the very ends and one board across the middle. I was like is this going to be good for the tank and I was assured the frame supports the tank. I guess allot of stands are now comming like this. But it scared me when I saw this because I had always had stands that support the tank all the way around.
 
they have been doing well so far, but I have not had the chance to collect their eggs as of yet :( I will have a couple months off of work starting in mid June to get this project in full swing! I am also setting up a tank just for mandarins and corals, so I will likely have more breeding pairs soon!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new