My Battle w/ Dino's I have won the war!!!

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2840.JPG
IMG_2933.JPG
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2939.JPG
IMG_2941.JPG
IMG_2949.JPG
IMG_2950.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG
Hi Reefers,

So my tank has been setup for 7 months actually today! I have been in the hobby for over 15 yrs but just recently got back into the hobby when my friend gave me his Innovative Marine tank it's the discontinued nuvo mini 38! Well I have the itch again really bad and in the process of actually farting a grow out system directly plumbed into this one and start selling corals again! Well about at the 4-5 month point I was battling some algae issue mostly Dino's and some cyano I started doing research and came to the point where I was going to start dosing peroxide and do a 3 day blackout. It deffintly worked but it was still a battle you have to keep on top of it get any algae that returns out manually and take the rock out and spray peroxide on the areas with Algae then add some more cuc! I believe I won the battle! You just can't throw in the towel and give up if it's take a bunch of water changes and manually removing then you will
Come out on top! I still continue to dose peroxide on any little spots of GHA that pops up but now I can't find really anything to spot treat which is a huge difference! Here are some pictures !

Nola Bear

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get it buddy! I just recently went to war with Dino’s and appear victorious!

(Current) Pics of post treatment...?

Eddie Rogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much peroxide where you dosing?

Was it the normal stuff you get from Walmart?

Your tank looks great

OP
OP
Daydream Corals

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!! I appreciate that!! I was doing 1ml per 10 gallons . I would spread it out and do it in the morning and at night during the blackout and 2 weeks after. I continue to dose and spot treat any areas of algae that pop up but now it's difficult to find any areas so I'll just put on areas that use to get algae. Also a big thing I forgot to mention was to stop dosing any aminos or vitamins alike which I think helped out a lot !

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well done, I’ve been through it before it was an ugly war made more difficult by my waiting to take care of the issue before it completely took over..

OP
OP
Daydream Corals

Daydream Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I have learned you have to act as soon as it shows up will make a huge difference. Once you get control then you manage it until its unliminated!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back