My Biocube 14

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Joined
Dec 15, 2015
Messages
8,048
Reaction score
45,306
Location
Manassas Va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.png
wanted to share my Biocube, very young tank and everything is thriving.. Equipment includes: Biocube skimmer, 2nd chamber = carbon, phosguard, poly filters and I'm using the foam block from the sump as a pre filter, Biocube UV light on the return line, rw4 wave maker and I added extra LED light strips to the hood for a total of about 60w over 11.3 gallons and I added a extra cooling fan to the hood..
 
Beautiful tank! I love the biocubes. I had one before I had to quit the hobby. You've really done well with this tank!
 
Really nice tank, how long has it been running? Everything's looks really good. I see your in northern va. Are you getting any snow? I'm in Virginia beach and it's been snowing here, lol , can't believe it. :rolleyes:
 
Thanks guy's.. The Biocube is perfect for me, I love the all in one with no sump or hang on equipment and it is SO easy to maintain compaired to my 90 gallon system... The tank is only 6 weeks old and the first corals where just added 4 weeks ago, let the flaming begin :D
 
Another top down shot.. Got a little carried away with the rock (15lbs) I may remove some as I would like to have a little more exposed sand bed.. The positive it allows me to run a higher bioload

image.jpeg
 
Thanks.. I may have a custom nano cube built at some point with everything I like about the Biocube incorporated as well as some upgrades like a larger (wider) filter/sump area but I don't see myself going much over 20 gallons for now.
 
Nice rockscape, and nice zoa colonies. All that deep purple coralline tells me you have a very healthy tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new