New to AIO! What will I need?

angelaf

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2026
Messages
13
Reaction score
2
Location
Central FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 32 gallon Biocube off fb marketplace and it’ll be my first time using an AIO tank. I plan on cycling it for a bit since we’ll be replacing our carpet with flooring soon and I don’t want to have to deal with moving livestock lol. I want to make sure that when I’m ready to fully set it up I have everything I’ll need to start adding corals, inverts, and fish.

It came with the below items:
  • Sun setter arctic light strips (since I plan on a coral-heavy tank I’ll be using these)
  • Tunze 9001 protein skimmer
  • Spare uv replacement bulb for a biocube mini ultraviolet sterilizer
  • Filter sock
I plan on getting a pump and thermometer, and I definitely want to get an ATO since the tank came with an RODI system. Please send me some good brands and/or products I should get! And if I’m missing anything please lmk

I wanted to check if I should get the below items:
  • Wave maker
  • UV sterilizer (since I have the replacement bulb)
  • Filter? (Not sure if I need a separate one or if one of the back compartments functions as one)
Also, what’s the best way to clean the tank? I don’t want to use any chemicals that could damage the tank or anything in it.

I want to reseal it as well, any recommendations on a good sealant?

Thanks! 🪸🐠
 
Last edited:

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new