My Biocube 32

Ghostchili

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2017
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish Tank March 18.jpg

Here is a pic of my Biocube 32. I have a good mix of coral and fish. I am using the following to keep everything happy.
Skimmer - Reef Octopus classic 90 hob
Light - Radion xr15w g4 pro
Fuge light - Innovative Chaetomax 2-n-1
ATO pump - Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152
Primary heater - Cobalt Neo Therm 100
Backup heater - JBJ tru temp
 
Last edited:
Welcome to R2R. :-)

You have that Biocube all decked out!

Did you mod the lid or remove it completely?
 
Removed lid, I dremeled trim on the back off (Where the hinges are) and scraped silicon off. It was the only way to make light and skimmer work. When I sell it I can silicon the hinge trim back on and use original canopy. I have a 30 gallon quarantine tank with the Tunze skimmer and it is terrible compared to the HOB.
 
B0CD6442-0F13-48A2-902C-CCDE6D5EF84A.jpeg


Here is how the skimmer and light are mounted.
The skimmer intake is in section 1 with the primary heater in there as well. It discharges in section 2 into an InTank media basket. Section 3 is a refugium, 4 is the return pump, ato line and backup heater.

A9AFE178-8363-43D3-9D9E-C14061BCFD3A.jpeg

5 gallon IM ato reservoir with a pump to mix kalk, 2 part, iodine, and 5 ml of no pox.
Power strip has individual switches which is nice.

View attachment 703942
 
Last edited:
That's a great setup! How long have you had the flame angel in there? Any problems with him, like nipping corals?
 
does cobalt 100 heat enough. in getting new heater and saw 100 is for 29 galloons. and 32 is well obviously 32 gallons
 
Wow, nice modded BioCube.

Where did you get the screen lid?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new