My Bow Front Build

Teemingtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook Marketplace is a dangerous place for me lol... I picked up this tank for free a little while back and made it my little project. I had never drilled a tank before and I figured “free” was a great place to experiment.

The majority of my hardware came from my fish tank boneyard. Idk about you guys, but I have so much crap from tanks throughout the years... With a bunch of help from the R2R community, I was able to create this Frankenstein Ghost Overflow. I took an old overflow box from a HOB set up, drilled it, and slapped a 3/4” bulkhead through it. Honestly, it works really well. No gurgling or slurping, virtually silent.

Patience isn’t a virtue I’ve really learned yet... I had planned on using my existing tank, an evo 13.5, as a sump. I decided to transfer my 13.5 gallon after a week of cycling with just a heater and wakemaker (kept the water level below the overflow).I only had a clownfish, court jester goby, and a Magnifica (didn’t survive the transfer, couple things went wrong there). I figured since I wasn’t changing the bioload, it wouldn’t effect the bacteria colonies I already had.

So far, so good. All my levels are in check, now I’m just waiting for coralline.

shoutout to live aquaria for sending me a full grown Lyretail :mad:. If you’re in the Michigan area and want to trade let me know, ol boy is way too big. Video below :) just in case link doesn’t work, Instagram is Teemingtank

Hope you’re all staying safe! Happy Reefing!

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Teemingtank

Teemingtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed! Build thread worthy! And I share you FB marketplace problem... don’t discover the R2R marketplace;) Welcome to R2R!
1589695001559.jpeg
Just what I need, another place to spend money lol...I’ve got some free time, I think that’s a great idea.

thank you :)

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Facebook Marketplace is a dangerous place for me lol... I picked up this tank for free a little while back and made it my little project. I had never drilled a tank before and I figured “free” was a great place to experiment.

The majority of my hardware came from my fish tank boneyard. Idk about you guys, but I have so much crap from tanks throughout the years... With a bunch of help from the R2R community, I was able to create this Frankenstein Ghost Overflow. I took an old overflow box from a HOB set up, drilled it, and slapped a 3/4” bulkhead through it. Honestly, it works really well. No gurgling or slurping, virtually silent.

Patience isn’t a virtue I’ve really learned yet... I had planned on using my existing tank, an evo 13.5, as a sump. I decided to transfer my 13.5 gallon after a week of cycling with just a heater and wakemaker (kept the water level below the overflow).I only had a clownfish, court jester goby, and a Magnifica (didn’t survive the transfer, couple things went wrong there). I figured since I wasn’t changing the bioload, it wouldn’t effect the bacteria colonies I already had.

So far, so good. All my levels are in check, now I’m just waiting for coralline.

shoutout to live aquaria for sending me a full grown Lyretail :mad:. If you’re in the Michigan area and want to trade let me know, ol boy is way too big. Video below :) just in case link doesn’t work, Instagram is Teemingtank

Hope you’re all staying safe! Happy Reefing!

image.jpg

Welcome to R2R and reefing.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back