My BTA'S Need To Go

My next question is how long can a anemone be kept is a bucket of tank water?
 
Mine gbta is also taking over,but I rearranged the rock and set him up higher!

6392B904-C55E-4B99-8CD8-FAF60FB10928.jpeg
 
I was thinking having a anemone tank, I am not ready yet.
 
Let me know if all else fails ! I'll come on down .

I had to get a little ruff and now have two small BTA in recovery, so there is open season on getting them out of the tank.
 
I will get back with this one;)
 
Mine gbta is also taking over,but I rearranged the rock and set him up higher!

6392B904-C55E-4B99-8CD8-FAF60FB10928.jpeg

The perspective on this tank is really messing with me. The BTA is huge, the corals are huge, that black fish in the back looks decent sized, and the yellow tang(?) looks pretty small.
 
Wouldn’t it be easier to keep the anemone and rearrange your tank around it! I believe anemones absolutely have a place in all mixed and reef tanks! I couldn’t personally imagine having a reef without them IMO.
Suggesting moving corals away! :) I love my clowns to much to not give em a home :)

View attachment 667535

27292A07-3E19-4CC1-AAB0-7B2DBCFD12CC.jpeg
 
Wouldn’t it be easier to keep the anemone and rearrange your tank around it! I believe anemones absolutely have a place in all mixed and reef tanks! I couldn’t personally imagine having a reef without them IMO.
Suggesting moving corals away! :) I love my clowns to much to not give em a home :)

View attachment 667535

27292A07-3E19-4CC1-AAB0-7B2DBCFD12CC.jpeg
I agree, BTA just get really big and sting everything. Kind of why I am switching to a carpet.

I have seen tanks that are just BTA tanks with clowns.
 
The perspective on this tank is really messing with me. The BTA is huge, the corals are huge, that black fish in the back looks decent sized, and the yellow tang(?) looks pretty small.

I believe your perspective is accurate! Everyday when look at the tank,I believe that the BTA is gonna come crawling out of the tank on day!
 
Wouldn’t it be easier to keep the anemone and rearrange your tank around it! I believe anemones absolutely have a place in all mixed and reef tanks! I couldn’t personally imagine having a reef without them IMO.
Suggesting moving corals away! :) I love my clowns to much to not give em a home :)

View attachment 667535

27292A07-3E19-4CC1-AAB0-7B2DBCFD12CC.jpeg

On the same boat with you! I rearranged my corals and rockwork around so that should help for now. I measured the anemone the other day and it came out to 13inchs across!
 
On the same boat with you! I rearranged my corals and rockwork around so that should help for now. I measured the anemone the other day and it came out to 13inchs across!
Epic! Mine are about 12 right now!

4FEB1F59-17DD-49C1-81C2-F8282BEB5D88.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new