My budget dream build

JohnA420

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2018
Messages
26
Reaction score
23
Location
Rochester
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My wife and I have been out of the hobby for about four years now. About a two months ago I got the itch and started stopping by some local shops. Long story short the wife gave me permission to get a tank that would fit in our living room without being too obnoxious size wise. After a lot of research and looking into possible custom builds I decided to pull the trigger on an innovative marine ext100 and it showed up on Monday! I have all the equipment and I just started putting together the rockscape with my wife's help! Please let me know your thoughts and I look forward to continuing to document and share our journey!

Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments for the rockscape please and thank you in advance!!!!

20250310_121257.jpg Screenshot_20250310_115545_Meet.jpg 20250310_183120.jpg 20250310_183920.jpg 20250310_184139.jpg 20250312_170335.jpg 20250312_210708.jpg 20250312_210659.jpg 20250312_210714.jpg 20250315_163100.jpg 20250315_163107.jpg 20250315_163111.jpg
 
Last edited:
Hello everyone! My wife and I have been out of the hobby for about four years now. About a two months ago I got the itch and started stopping by some local shops. Long story short the wife gave me permission to get a tank that would fit in our living room without being too obnoxious size wise. After a lot of research and looking into possible custom builds I decided to pull the trigger on an innovative marine ext100 and it showed up on Monday! I have all the equipment and I just started putting together the rockscape with my wife's help! Please let me know your thoughts and I look forward to continuing to document and share our journey!

Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments for the rockscape please and thank you in advance!!!!

20250310_121257.jpg Screenshot_20250310_115545_Meet.jpg 20250310_183120.jpg 20250310_183920.jpg 20250310_184139.jpg 20250312_170335.jpg 20250312_210708.jpg 20250312_210659.jpg 20250312_210714.jpg 20250315_163100.jpg 20250315_163107.jpg 20250315_163111.jpg
Love the aquascape!
 

Attachments

  • Snapchat-2013557049.mp4
    6.1 MB
  • 20250408_203151.jpg
    20250408_203151.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 20250408_204814.jpg
    20250408_204814.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Snapchat-716141617.mp4
    24.6 MB
Looking good! I’m considering the EXT100 for my next tank. Following!! Can’t wait to see how it goes.
 
Looking good! I’m considering the EXT100 for my next tank. Following!! Can’t wait to see how it goes.

Just got sand in tonight. Starting saltwater tomorrow, hopefully up and running/cycling by Friday or Saturday
 

Attachments

  • 20250409_194555.jpg
    20250409_194555.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 55
Are you doing fish only, reef, or fowlr? I’m curious on the rockscape. Looks great and seems to leave a lot of free range room around and above. I tend to pack it on for my fowlr but might do something like yours on my next one.
 
Second scape is fantastic! First was a bit too wall like. Get it wet!
 
Are you doing fish only, reef, or fowlr? I’m curious on the rockscape. Looks great and seems to leave a lot of free range room around and above. I tend to pack it on for my fowlr but might do something like yours on my next one.

Going to be a mixed reef. I've been out of the hobby about 3 years. I've never done sps but this time around I'm going for it. Slowly but surely!
 
Should be full tonight after I pump the next load of saltwater up!
 

Attachments

  • 20250411_135430.jpg
    20250411_135430.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 48
Should be full tonight after I pump the next load of saltwater up!
That Habitat Negative Space Aquascape is looking great! I noticed you have to powerheads on the sides, is there enough space between the 3 drain pipes on the back to place a pump in-between? Thanks!
 
That Habitat Negative Space Aquascape is looking great! I noticed you have to powerheads on the sides, is there enough space between the 3 drain pipes on the back to place a pump in-between? Thanks!

Thank you! And I would say no unless it was a real small one. With this scape and one on each side, im pretty sure I could create a vortex in the tank 🤣 no issues with dead spots
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new