My Build Thread

Which Is Worse.. Cleaning Skimmer Cup... OR Cleaning The Litter Box.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just awesome. Your starting off the right way to reef! I too am a big fan of BRS and there videos. They put out a lot of great content.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get those big water storage containers? I like the look of them!
Also look for a Norwesco distributor in your area. We have one here in Tempe (agspray.com) they have better prices vs TSC. I picked up 2 - 105 gallon Norwesco storage tanks from Agspray. I forget now what the savings was. The 105 gallon tanks were $188 each.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ya'll,

Well here is my best effort at give you a look into CasaReef. My wife and I are pretty new to the hobby and are still making some big mistakes. Lucky for us we found some great people at AZ F.R.A.G group to bounce things off of and I have relied very heavily on Bulk Reef Supply ( BRS ). I would like to ask that you be kind in your comments. I am willing to learn and if you see something I screwed up just tell me and I will fix it. Also first time I have used a Forum.... Soooo judge me kindly on that as well.

System Red Sea Reefer XL 525
Skimmer Is Also Red Sea
Lighting is Radion XR15 Pros with ReefLink
2 MP 40s for powerheads
Pentair 40watt HD UV Sterilizer.

build11.jpg
build10.jpg

build12.jpg

I didn't have enough room for the UV on the outside of the tank so I mounted it inside the cabinet and the cut the shelves to fit around the tube.

build33.jpg
build77.jpg

I have decided that the water you use is the foundation of your system. So with that in mind I have made my own water Factory. I have 65 gals of RODI water and 65 gallons of Salt Water ready to go at all times.

build44.jpg

Now this to me is very humbling..... Sometimes I don't listen so well. So after watching Ryan at BRS and attending a ( My First F.R.A.G ) Meeting where the topic was QUARANTINING and How to treat sick fish, I left there and said well darn we already have a few fish and a few coarls and everything LOOKS GREAT!!! These guys don't know what they are talking about.... I GOT THIS.... Well not even a week later my tank was Smacked Down with ICH.... So I went and got 2 20 gal tanks set up a QT Station. AND I SWEAR TO GOD HIMSELF I WILL NEVER PUT ANOTHER LIVING THING IN MY DISPALY WITHOUT QT'ING IT FIRST. Sorry Hunter.... Yes I am The Dumb One in the group. ;-)

build55.jpg
build15.jpg

I hope to learn something new everyday. I hope I can be a great reefer like some of you. I hope to contribute something good to this Forum and If I can stop just ONE PERSON from not QT'ing their stuff before they put it in their display then I will be very Happy.

Thank You for looking and Happy Reefing.

Scott

The other thing I need to disclose... Is that I have a Big Red Fish at CasaReef and it watch's over all things CasaReef.
build13.jpg
build14.jpg

What Kinda Fish Is That.... A 1967 Ohhh Barracuda... Mopar or No Car build66.jpg build88.jpg build99.jpg
Sweet garage

OP
OP
CasaReefer

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks awesome! What fish do you have now and what’s your stocking plan?
No plan right now tank sat fallow for two months .. I had an ich outbreak. Just put the few fish I had back in from QT... Kinda skittish right now.. I have 2 clowns .. and a yellow tang.. and a few pieces of coral.. Gonna just sit tight for a bit and catch my breath...

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No plan right now tank sat fallow for two months .. I had an ich outbreak. Just put the few fish I had back in from QT... Kinda skittish right now.. I have 2 clowns .. and a yellow tang.. and a few pieces of coral.. Gonna just sit tight for a bit and catch my breath...
That's all you can do. It sucks and is exciting at the same time. It just isn't fair. I'm glad your fish are swimming around. We need to see a picture btw. ;)

OP
OP
CasaReefer

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome build. I love the creativity with the UV; it worked out brilliantly. You're mixing station looks great too. Very clean setup, I'm humbled.
Well Thank You... A True Gentleman... My first attempt... made some mistakes.. But someday... I will get to your level.. Really by stealing ideas I get from smart guys like you and telling everyone It was my idea....;);)

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The car...does it have that gas/oil smell inside when you drive it? The gutteral glub glub sound too?

Back