My Cade 2100 Build

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby is here got her couple days ago. Should moving it today or tomorrow and start filling. Got the aquascape done but may have to add to it..May need to go higher.
2mp 40s (will get 2 more)
Simplicity 3200 return pump
Simplicity 320 skimmer
Hyrdos controller system
4x Nicrew 150watt lights (lps tank)
And of course all the other things from Algaebarn.

20220622_200004.jpg 20220702_144306.jpg 20220622_200004.jpg 20220702_144301.jpg

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got into position. Is thing is a beast OMG!!! Next step, plumbing today, leak test

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to know if this is a scratch or cracked...just noticed it this morning...I run my finger over it and I can feel it.

Attachments

• 20220706_085349.jpg
    20220706_085349.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 209
OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where found some more stuff thats off..waiting on Algaebarn's decision

Attachments

• 20220706_114439.jpg
    20220706_114439.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 20220706_111516.jpg
    20220706_111516.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220706_085240.jpg
    20220706_085240.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 176

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this sucks! I’m sorry. The one picture (view 5) looks like a crack. Your the second person to recently have problems with a new CADE delivery recently. This is making me rethink considering a CADE as my next tank. I’m sorry you’re having these issues.

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this sucks! I’m sorry. The one picture (view 5) looks like a crack. Your the second person to recently have problems with a new CADE delivery recently. This is making me rethink considering a CADE as my next tank. I’m sorry you’re having these issues.
Oh yeah...it's a crack. They sent me a replacement part...what I'm suppose to do with that. Now the battle begins. I truly just want a refund and go about my business. I've had too much trouble with AB

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the supplier going to replace?
I want a refund at this point. I've had too much trouble with them. I called this morning and told them. They are supposed to call me back. We will see, but I want refund or new tank..I've sent pics and all

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah...it's a crack. They sent me a replacement part...what I'm suppose to do with that. Now the battle begins. I truly just want a refund and go about my business. I've had too much trouble with AB
Replacement part for a crack?! what the heck. I appreciate you sharing this. Very helpful. For what it’s worth I bought a new Waterbox and it was pristine. In case you decide to go with a different company in the future. Good luck!

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Dominic,

We have relayed this information to the manufacturer as a secondary confirmation about the nature of these issues that have arisen with the tank in question. The Manufacturer, having seen the pictures you sent over, said that the aquariums are packed in a way that the bottom of the tank does not touch the crate in transit, and the bottom of the tank is not exposed to receive damage until the aquarium is removed from the crate. We can assure you that in our inspection process, before the aquarium leaves AlgaeBarn, an issue of this nature would have been spotted and the aquarium would not have shipped. The manufacturer noted that the most common damage to the vinyl occurs when moving the aquarium without suction cups and the base is slid onto a lift or a stand Since this occurs at the point of installation, and we do not have control over this process, we cannot be held responsible. The party involved in the installation, the aquarium installation company, should rectify or remedy the situation.

Thankfully, when we went over the email and phone call we had on (07/07/2022) all of the issues that you have brought to our attention appear to only be cosmetic in nature. None of the photos provided would indicate a compromise of the structural integrity of the aquarium.

On that same call, we explained that we must work within our policies, and the procedures that we lay out for our customers to follow regarding the receiving, inspecting and installation process. In the email that we send out informing you that your CADE aquarium has been scheduled for pick up, there are some very specific instructions regarding the receiving and inspection that were, in this case, not followed. These policies were developed to give us a fighting chance to claim freight damages and hold the freight company liable for damages. However, without following these procedures, we will not be successful with a damage claim.

In another phone conversation you had with us, you stated that the installers moved too quickly for you to get pictures of the tank and stand inside of the crates; however, in your build thread on R2R your initial post on July 3rd (over 2 weeks post delivery) you show the tank crate and the stand crate side by side in your garage with the lid(s) unlatched and slightly opened. After speaking with the installation company they informed us of the process they went through to install your aquarium. They stated that the crates were in your home prior to the 3 installation technicians arriving at your home; and that you assisted in the installation process. This means you would have seen the issues first hand before removing the aquarium from the crate. They stated that they did not use suction cups, and that a manual lift of the aquarium on to the stand was performed with your assistance.

In summary, the procedure to report and claim shipping damages within the necessary timeframe was not followed. Without this, we are unable to hold the freight company liable and we are unable to confirm that cosmetic damages happened in transportation and did not occur in installation. Due to the instructions not being followed, AlgaeBarn is unable to offer a replacement aquarium. These damages appear to only be cosmetic in nature, and you are still entitled to the 2 year warranty offered by CADEUSA. While we understand that this is not the action you were seeking, we are unable to warranty damages caused during install and we do not warranty cosmetic issues. We do sympathize with your situation and we would be more than happy to send you a complementary replacement vinyl film for the bottom of the aquarium. We are offering to do this free of charge and we will cover shipping to the same address the aquarium was delivered.

OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dominic,

We have relayed this information to the manufacturer as a secondary confirmation about the nature of these issues that have arisen with the tank in question. The Manufacturer, having seen the pictures you sent over, said that the aquariums are packed in a way that the bottom of the tank does not touch the crate in transit, and the bottom of the tank is not exposed to receive damage until the aquarium is removed from the crate. We can assure you that in our inspection process, before the aquarium leaves AlgaeBarn, an issue of this nature would have been spotted and the aquarium would not have shipped. The manufacturer noted that the most common damage to the vinyl occurs when moving the aquarium without suction cups and the base is slid onto a lift or a stand Since this occurs at the point of installation, and we do not have control over this process, we cannot be held responsible. The party involved in the installation, the aquarium installation company, should rectify or remedy the situation.

Thankfully, when we went over the email and phone call we had on (07/07/2022) all of the issues that you have brought to our attention appear to only be cosmetic in nature. None of the photos provided would indicate a compromise of the structural integrity of the aquarium.

On that same call, we explained that we must work within our policies, and the procedures that we lay out for our customers to follow regarding the receiving, inspecting and installation process. In the email that we send out informing you that your CADE aquarium has been scheduled for pick up, there are some very specific instructions regarding the receiving and inspection that were, in this case, not followed. These policies were developed to give us a fighting chance to claim freight damages and hold the freight company liable for damages. However, without following these procedures, we will not be successful with a damage claim.

In another phone conversation you had with us, you stated that the installers moved too quickly for you to get pictures of the tank and stand inside of the crates; however, in your build thread on R2R your initial post on July 3rd (over 2 weeks post delivery) you show the tank crate and the stand crate side by side in your garage with the lid(s) unlatched and slightly opened. After speaking with the installation company they informed us of the process they went through to install your aquarium. They stated that the crates were in your home prior to the 3 installation technicians arriving at your home; and that you assisted in the installation process. This means you would have seen the issues first hand before removing the aquarium from the crate. They stated that they did not use suction cups, and that a manual lift of the aquarium on to the stand was performed with your assistance.

In summary, the procedure to report and claim shipping damages within the necessary timeframe was not followed. Without this, we are unable to hold the freight company liable and we are unable to confirm that cosmetic damages happened in transportation and did not occur in installation. Due to the instructions not being followed, AlgaeBarn is unable to offer a replacement aquarium. These damages appear to only be cosmetic in nature, and you are still entitled to the 2 year warranty offered by CADEUSA. While we understand that this is not the action you were seeking, we are unable to warranty damages caused during install and we do not warranty cosmetic issues. We do sympathize with your situation and we would be more than happy to send you a complementary replacement vinyl film for the bottom of the aquarium. We are offering to do this free of charge and we will cover shipping to the same address the aquarium was delivered.
How am I supposed to lift 560 lbs to look at the bottom of the tank. Yes, I was able to open the top and look down. All issues are at the bottom of the tank. Clearly the sealant is missing in the attachment....I didn't mentioned anything about them moving to fast. Dont think the installers can go inside to put a considerable gap in the sealant at the bottom of the tank. Clearly not taking responsibility. You working to blame others. It's okay if one got through quality control. You are trying to run a scam and keep the customers money like yall stated to me before "yall are a small business and we can't afford to do this, we cannot lose money."

Attachments

• 20220708_103147.jpg
    20220708_103147.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Along with making me pay shipping for bundle kit that was free with the tank. You admitted that yall messed up and ya ll fixed it on your end and yall still punished the customer making me pay shipping. Now if that is not money hungry, don't know what is??? So AlgaeBarn you tell me, you and Cade are not trying to get over on the customer????

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back