OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for everything including following my build and helping me w it too. I do have a question concerning ornamental limpets. I purchased a few regular limpets from you and honestly have only seen them a few times, to b expected, but apparently some ornamental limpets came in on my live rock and they have exploded. They r everywhere. Is it possible for them to become some type of problem? They r pretty but we have so many my wife is seeing them n her sleep. Crazy amount . thank you again

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your descriptions always make me laugh haha Do you have any pictures of the limpets you got in as hitchhikers gtom your rock?

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Please don't mention the algae. I see it too and am in the process of getting rid of it w Rx flux. You'd think w these pretty limpets I wouldn't have this problem. Also, I got the name ornamental limpets from my computer so that's its fault. The ornate limpet looks closest but is in New Zealand.lol Thanks, guys w this issue. Call you tomorrow for a few things too. Thanks, Algae Barn

OP
OP
rusty hannon

rusty hannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Cade build after 7 months...

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0880.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

So far this is 7mo. in and smooth sailing (Except for the previous drama). Cleaned the sump and pumps but seemed 1 year too soon.lol The cloves r really coming back from their ordeal w fish, But do think this colony will b bigger. At this point, the only thing I need to do to the Cade is wipe away the grung from around the ato float. It's not causing a problem but looks dirty. Thanks Cade and Algae Barn( for promoting a great aquarium. P.S. wish i got paid for this...jk

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back