My CBS is pregnant

Reef Breeder 2013

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
265
Reaction score
99
Location
Guadalajara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my CBS is developing eggs. Is it possible for them to survive? How long does it take for them to metamorphose? What can I feed them?

IMG_20250211_005836120.jpg
 
There’s no way they can survive unfortunately. They will immediately get eaten or sucked up by the filter. And unless you have a male and a female, the eggs are infertile.
 
There’s no way they can survive unfortunately. They will immediately get eaten or sucked up by the filter. And unless you have a male and a female, the eggs are infertile.
I can get as many mini shrimp as possible out of one glass. Regarding fertility, I was already wondering how they had become fertilized.
 
I can get as many mini shrimp as possible out of one glass. Regarding fertility, I was already wondering how they had become fertilized.
Even if they are somehow fertile, they require extensive care with a whole different set up to care for them. It’s not worth it.
 
Yes, my CBS is developing eggs. Is it possible for them to survive? How long does it take for them to metamorphose? What can I feed them?

IMG_20250211_005836120.jpg
They often become food for fish and require cooler temps for best results
 
I believe they are harder to breed than fish cuz they eat each other…
 
That's right, I had forgotten that they eat each other. But maybe it's the same as with clowns; since they're brothers, they don't kill each other.

Clowns form harems/balls.

I am not positive they eat each other. I know other shrimps do. CBS are not super friendly :)

I think they have a very long larval phase which makes them challenging. They would need their own special tank.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new