My clownfish died with heavy breathing

  • Thread starter Thread starter jgenovana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jgenovana

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2018
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought am adult clownfish 2 days ago from LFS, along with 4 blue yellow tailed damsels, a dotty purpleback and a cleaner shrimp. My tank has finished cycling using NSW after all params has been okay. I bought one small test clownfish which lived a week before I bought these livestock 2 days ago. But today, my adult clownfish died. The only thing I noticed is heavy breathing, and it only was on one side of the tank. The small clownfish however just swam beside it, healthy and happy. What do you think caused it to die? Poor aeration? I only had one 5 watt pump for the water movement. I havent bought a wavemaker. Anyway, all other fish I bought alongside with the adult clownfish are pretty much alive and healthy.
 
Welcome to R2R and sorry for your loss. Can you provide us with your parameters, tank size, and pictures? It's possible that by adding that many fish at once it caused a nutrient spike.
giphy (8).gif
#WelcometoR2R
So I bought am adult clownfish 2 days ago from LFS, along with 4 blue yellow tailed damsels, a dotty purpleback and a cleaner shrimp. My tank has finished cycling using NSW after all params has been okay. I bought one small test clownfish which lived a week before I bought these livestock 2 days ago. But today, my adult clownfish died. The only thing I noticed is heavy breathing, and it only was on one side of the tank. The small clownfish however just swam beside it, healthy and happy. What do you think caused it to die? Poor aeration? I only had one 5 watt pump for the water movement. I havent bought a wavemaker. Anyway, all other fish I bought alongside with the adult clownfish are pretty much alive and healthy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new