My clownfish seems to have lost an eye?

moonbae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was away for Passover/Easter for a few days... came home and my baby clownfish seems to have lost an eye.

I have a jerk Pajama Cardinal that at times can get kinda aggressive to the clowns, so thinking maybe he's injured but want to see if anyone here thinks this is some type of disease/infection, etc.

Any ideas?

IMG_3766.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Was away for Passover/Easter for a few days... came home and my baby clownfish seems to have lost an eye.

I have a jerk Pajama Cardinal that at times can get kinda aggressive to the clowns, so thinking maybe he's injured but want to see if anyone here thinks this is some type of disease/infection, etc.

Any ideas?

IMG_3766.jpg
Unfortunately it has and will not have the ability to be restored from treatment. Likely an injury than became infected and now lost.
Can it survive and function with one eye- Yes. I have a bangaii cardinal the same and has been 3 years.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any ideas?

IMG_3766.jpg
I presume the other eye is fine and the clown is still eating? If so, it should be ok, eye infections in fish often get better with no treatment. Watch for redness or inflating in size.
Jay

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d agree it likely got an infection and lost the eye, presumably after an injury. Keep an eye on it to make sure no further infection occurs.

OP
OP
moonbae

moonbae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I presume the other eye is fine and the clown is still eating? If so, it should be ok, eye infections in fish often get better with no treatment. Watch for redness or inflating in size.
Jay
he’s not just hungry he’s RAVENOUS and scurries over when i’m near the tank to beg for food. he is now my most prized possession and i must protect him at all costs.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back