Clownfish has an eye problem

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, how are yall doin! i have a little bit of a problem, my little guy adidas(storm clown) looks like he has alittle bit of an eye problem, i stare at my fish hours everyday, so i believe that he mustve gotten injured, if anybody has any suggestions for her, please tell me, anyways thankyou! its hard to get a decent picture too, just one eye on 1 clown

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hey guys, how are yall doin! i have a little bit of a problem, my little guy adidas(storm clown) looks like he has alittle bit of an eye problem, i stare at my fish hours everyday, so i believe that he mustve gotten injured, if anybody has any suggestions for her, please tell me, anyways thankyou! its hard to get a decent picture too, just one eye on 1 clown

Pics are either dark or blurry to clearly see
Going to switch to larger screen to see if I can get better images

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
okay lemme know if their still too dark i can try retaking them, its hard with him moving all over
Perhaps you tube video of at least 15 seconds

OP
OP
MrMaTTpaT

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are either dark or blurry to clearly see
Going to switch to larger screen to see if I can get better images
if i try n describe it, its like his right eye is black and normal, but his left eye becomes like silvery when light hits it and its also larger then the right one

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
if i try n describe it, its like his right eye is black and normal, but his left eye becomes like silvery when light hits it and its also larger then the right one
May be a retina issue and will see images shortly again

OP
OP
MrMaTTpaT

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
got a really good video

This helps. Spots seem to be inside the lens of eye which would be cataracts. If its outside as you can see clearer than myself viewing a video, it would be neobenedenia flukes which cause white spots on the outer eyes of fish, but rarely affect clowns in which other fish would have same issue. I believe cateracts. You can try treatment in a separate tank using Maracyn which s ethromyacin and see IF any change.

1706484828171.png

OP
OP
MrMaTTpaT

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This helps. Spots seem to be inside the lens of eye which would be cataracts. If its outside as you can see clearer than myself viewing a video, it would be neobenedenia flukes which cause white spots on the outer eyes of fish, but rarely affect clowns in which other fish would have same issue. I believe cateracts. You can try treatment in a separate tank using Maracyn which s ethromyacin and see IF any change.

1706484828171.png
so if its cataracts is there not really anything i can do? I feel like hes so young to have cataracts. at the same time if its not flukes and i do treatment will it harm my fish? and what if i dont have a qt tank...

OP
OP
MrMaTTpaT

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1706484828171.png
I gave him a really long hard look, and I don't see any white spots, his eye is just puffy and its silvery, I bet he injured it on something. this wont kill him right?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
so if its cataracts is there not really anything i can do? I feel like hes so young to have cataracts. at the same time if its not flukes and i do treatment will it harm my fish? and what if i dont have a qt tank...
No but cataracts not end of world, If it is

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I gave him a really long hard look, and I don't see any white spots, his eye is just puffy and its silvery, I bet he injured it on something. this wont kill him right?
Good and Maracyn would then help

OP
OP
MrMaTTpaT

MrMaTTpaT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i give it afew days to see if itll spread? before i start doing any sort of treatment.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
should i give it afew days to see if itll spread? before i start doing any sort of treatment.
That will be up to you. Any healing on its own can take as much as a month

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
thankyou for the advice i appreciate it! i believe its cataracts now, hes swimming and eating, his eyes just alittle silvery
That would likely confirm

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back