My clowns are breeding...I think?

Bill_Moorman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2018
Messages
282
Reaction score
333
Location
Pueblo, Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I get too crazy asking how can I raise these to maturity, are these fertilized eggs?



If so, how do I raise them? Haha

The fish have bread multiple times over the past month, so I suppose they are happy!
 
Raising clownfish is a main display is near impossible, they need to be in a tank all by themselves. The systems for raising fry have little to no flow to prevent them from being pulled down the drain. If the eggs hatch in the main tank with other fish they will become food and be gone in seconds. I had a buddy that did it and it was a lot of work since they always hatched at night.
 
The male had fertilized the eggs when the female laid them. He’s now caring for the eggs by airating them. In all likelihood those are viable eggs.
Your challenge is going to be either to use a fry catcher in your main tank or retraining your clowns to lay eggs on an easily movable surface like tile or a flower pot.
Then you get into raising the fry and culturing live rotifers.
 
My clowns seem to be doing the exact same thing but I don't see any eggs. What can I expect? My clown fishes spot even simulated very closely to that in the video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new