My clowns are picky and spoiled!

genny1687

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a set of mocha storm clowns and I feel that they are super spoiled...they only eat the food (pellets or frozen shrimp) before it reaches the floor and also they arent go getters, they are super slow so in order for them to have a proper meal i need to turn off all pumps since they won't chase the food and spot feed them, unlike other fish that actually hunt the food. Are clowns normally like this? What will happen when i go away on vacation and have to use an auto dispenser? I feel that they will starve!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a set of mocha storm clowns and I feel that they are super spoiled...they only eat the food (pellets or frozen shrimp) before it reaches the floor and also they arent go getters, they are super slow so in order for them to have a proper meal i need to turn off all pumps since they won't chase the food and spot feed them, unlike other fish that actually hunt the food. Are clowns normally like this? What will happen when i go away on vacation and have to use an auto dispenser? I feel that they will starve!

There are many pairs of clowns in my tanks and some eat off the bottom and some don't. If they are hungry they get less picky. What I have found is that fish hear/sense the auto dispenser and learn to anticipate the food coming (it can be helpful to start using the dispenser a few days before you leave). Good luck with your fish!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 38 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 143 74.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.7%
Back