My Conversion

Fly2e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I finally converted my 40 gallon tank over this weekend. I had a lot of plastic and fake items in my tank for years.
The tank has been running great for over 8 years, two of the clowns are both over 3-4 years old.
I finally got rid of my old filters that hung off the back of the tank along with everything else.
Installed a new external pump, LED lighting & Maxspect Gyre 130.
Unfortunately I lost all fish in the conversion as I thought would...
It was a rough morning wen I woke up to it but like I said, I kid of knew that such a drastic change to the tank would create a problem, thus why I was reluctant to do it.

Anyway, the first shot is the tank prior to the change over. Like I said, a lot of artificial stuff in there but hey, it worked for years!
And below are some shots of it after the conversion... The tank sit inside the wall with access to it from a closet in another room.
I did purchase one of those decorative corals and I will be adding some live rock this week. Going to try this time to add corals, anemones, etc...
I know it is nothing compared to a lot of the tanks I see here, but I was limited to how big I could go in regards to having it sit inside the wall as I had some support beams in he closet it is in and they couldn't be removed.
The last shot is prior to the fish "tanking" that morning... they all dies within 2 hours of tat shot.

Any advice as to what I should be doing going forward here... Obviously need to restock it with some damsels, etc... but since the tank has been established for along time, I am assuming that I just need to confirm all levels are good and that the reason I lost the fish is because of the shock I put the through on the conversion? I di wash he colored coral pretty good but assuming that mixed with he new filtration and stress got them all...

Any advice would be appreciated and once again, thank you!
Dave

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 101

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 127 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back