OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning colors.

To confirm: aside from Red Sea Foundations for you calc, alk, and mag, you're not dosing trace elements or anything, right? Just running with a touch more NO3 and PO4 than normal (I say a touch more than normal because I wouldn't call 5 ppm and 0.04 high by any means)?

Just recently I began adding 2 tablespoons of Acropower 2x a week. The aminos seem to be helping with overall coral health.

I get my trace from water changes.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking corals. Very vibrant. I can only hope that the few I have will look like yours. My voodoo magic looks like it has potential. Your colors are truly amazing. Nice bounce back!

Yeah I think the Voodoo will be nice once it grows out more. The few I’ve seen others post look pretty good.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I’ll keep posting pics of the collection as I take them.

Let me know if you guys want any specific shots of things (full colony shots, under all blues, macro etc.

Also if you guys have any of these and are getting different colors or growth please share your experiences. Would love to hear what others are doing to produce results.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full Tank 1.jpg
Full Tank 2.jpg

Morning view of the 60. I'm about at capacity with this one. The new build can't come fast enough.

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
awesome man! What is the new build you have planned?

Looking to do a 240 custom build from TankMe USA and plumb it into a hydro tub for extra volume and use a Geo sump for functionality. Hoping to be able to add at least 100 more gallons but my goal is to be around 500 total water volume.

Tank dimensions are 96x48x12

OP
OP
Russo757

Russo757

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mentioned you are coming off a crash. What was the cause?

Was a few issues. When I first added the 60 to my system the egg crate leeched so bad That the algae pulled my nutrients to zero. I fought it for months and finally had to pull the crate out to get my Po4 and No3 back above 0.

Then I had a buddy do a tank buyout and got a ton of Red Sea foundations chem that he offered me. Once I started I noticed my alk drawing down again, but my tank was recovering from the low nutrients so I assumed it was increased consumption.

Fast forward 3 months and I’m dosing 240ml of alk a day to compete with what I thought was consumption. I finally ran out of that alk and ordered some from BRS and I jumped 2 dkh. The old chem was bad and the new stuff at 240ml a day skyrocketed it. Lost 2 HW colonies, few Disney’s, confetti colony, jawdropper colony....lots of stuff

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back