My corky finger is disintegrating :(

Scott Ulrich

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2018
Messages
240
Reaction score
198
Location
Cincinnati, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added some caulerpa, chaeto and mangroves to my refugium a few months ago. Unfortunately thate ld to dinos (red strings that attached to my soft corals: corky, Kenya tree and gorgonian).

After researching, I assumed this was due to zeroing of nitrates (my nitrates always read at our near zero on API tests). So I cut the refugium light hours from 16 to 8, and removed the skimmer cup. That eventually helped clear the dinos, but I think the damage was done as the corky finger is not looking good.

Can this recover? Or should I cut off the bad arms? The top part above the bad part still has open polyps though.

All my other soft corals, mushrooms and lps are all looking great.

Thanks,
Scott

20200315_171323.jpg 20200315_171556.jpg
 
I would leave it be and make sure theres plenty of flow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new