My Crab Has Crabs!!

Ezreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new Emerald Crab and a few minutes after being in the tank I see her tail plate open. When I shone a light on her I saw tiny red clusters like grapes in her stomach!!!

I really hope she survives the acclamation and I pray to the lord the crablings survive. I have a reef that should be safe for the little ones however I did just get a pepper shrimp and I do also have a Blue Devil Damsel.
20190417_164144.jpg

OP
OP
Ezreal

Ezreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish mine would have some babies. Love emerald crabs.
I would be so excited for new emeralds but now I'm a little concerned because the emerald is showing some unwanted attention to my new baby filtering clams that just came today with her

Jay Z

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 emeralds in my tank, they never bothered anything trying to eat it. They will climb on things and eat the algae off them. They clean my smaller clams and Maxama's. Even seen them try to clean my hermit and snail shells to.

Hopefully yours plays nice!

OP
OP
Ezreal

Ezreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 7 emeralds in my tank, they never bothered anything trying to eat it. They will climb on things and eat the algae off them. They clean my smaller clams and Maxama's. Even seen them try to clean my hermit and snail shells to.

Hopefully yours plays nice!
Yeah it looks like she was just trying to clean the live ones and the ones she ate were DOA now shes hard at work cleaning my reef. More worried about the pepper shrimp. Hope it doesn't get a taste for coral flesh

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back