My Crab Has Crabs!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ezreal
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ezreal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2019
Messages
188
Reaction score
166
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got a new Emerald Crab and a few minutes after being in the tank I see her tail plate open. When I shone a light on her I saw tiny red clusters like grapes in her stomach!!!

I really hope she survives the acclamation and I pray to the lord the crablings survive. I have a reef that should be safe for the little ones however I did just get a pepper shrimp and I do also have a Blue Devil Damsel.
20190417_164144.jpg
 
Wish mine would have some babies. Love emerald crabs.
I would be so excited for new emeralds but now I'm a little concerned because the emerald is showing some unwanted attention to my new baby filtering clams that just came today with her
 
I have 7 emeralds in my tank, they never bothered anything trying to eat it. They will climb on things and eat the algae off them. They clean my smaller clams and Maxama's. Even seen them try to clean my hermit and snail shells to.

Hopefully yours plays nice!
 
I have 7 emeralds in my tank, they never bothered anything trying to eat it. They will climb on things and eat the algae off them. They clean my smaller clams and Maxama's. Even seen them try to clean my hermit and snail shells to.

Hopefully yours plays nice!
Yeah it looks like she was just trying to clean the live ones and the ones she ate were DOA now shes hard at work cleaning my reef. More worried about the pepper shrimp. Hope it doesn't get a taste for coral flesh
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new