My creation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xephic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Xephic

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2017
Messages
39
Reaction score
24
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first saltwater tank!!1

20gal

image.jpg


image.jpg
 
Congrats to you both! Enjoy the ride and don't rush things. You will have a lot of pride when the small corals grow and fill up the aquarium. Try to only purchase things you love! Don't get talked into something from someone at the LFS!

Keep it up!
 
Update:

Had a Flukes issue, thank you Parazipro!
Lost all my fish for a while. All the inverts/coral did okay through that debacle. My Palythoa didn't fair well through the Parazipro...

New load, which I think might be high now that I am looking at it.

Tiger Pistol Shrimp / Hi-Fin Yellow face Goby
Pair of Mocha Clowns

3x Peppermint Shrimp
1x Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
3x Sexy Shrimp

1x Red Fromea star fish 1"

1x Scarlet Hermit
4x Blue leg Hermit
4x red leg Hermit
1x unknown white Hermit (came in with Star Astreae order)

2x Star Astresa
3x Astrea
2x Nassarius
1x Babylon Nassarius
3x Cirth
1x Troca (might be dead)

IMG_2213.JPG


IMG_2227.JPG


IMG_2225.JPG


IMG_2224.JPG


IMG_2223.JPG


IMG_2216.JPG


IMG_2220.JPG


IMG_2221.JPG


IMG_2222.JPG
 
everything looks pretty healthy and Happy. only thing that scares me is that Flame Algae. I put a ball in my tank once and I went everywhere. but your tanks small enough so that shouldn't be a real issue
 
everything looks pretty healthy and Happy. only thing that scares me is that Flame Algae. I put a ball in my tank once and I went everywhere. but your tanks small enough so that shouldn't be a real issue

I figure if it grows enough I'll just trim it and take it to my LFS. So far it's not a fast grower.
 
Added a few new beauties;
And got a surprise peppermint shrimp larva infestation....
 
Hmmm, technical difficulties posting.

Before anyone says anything, I learned Rock Flower Anenomes and Peppermint Shrimp = bad combo.
Only one PS left to catch, but she dumped her kids off in the pool....

IMG_2240.JPG


IMG_2253.JPG


IMG_2255.JPG
 
I agree with the other poster on the algae once it starts to go everywhere its a pain. Its best in the sump for nutrient removal and to supplement feed a tang. Also I had a hitchhiker rock Anemone or two and now I have a dozen so also watch those. Other than that everything looks great so awesome job starting off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new