My current build

herringtech

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
24
Location
Roswell GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started out in March of this year, we went with a 94 gallon bow front corner tank. I had a Eshoppes Cube Medium underneath. CRB overflow was a bit noisy but this was a great starter tank. Ultimately, we didn't like the corner design as it really limited the amount we could see the fish and the noise in the location we had for that tank was a problem too.

So, I upgraded to a 125 gallon rectangular tank, and a Trigger Platinum 34 sump. I was brave and drilled holes in the back for a Fiji Cube LoPro overflow box and the two return lines. I don't think I was ever so stressed holding my drill as I was with that first hole! But am so glad I risked it. This new tank is so quiet and looks so much better than the 94. All my animals transferred over really well and have acclimated really well.

I've recently bought a dosing pump and a chiller as this tank runs hot for some reason. I'll also put a UV sterilizer inline with the chiller. Have some very pretty corals in the tank now and they all seem to do be doing better in this new tank after I adjusted the lighting to get a more even PAR.
01150708-59AE-4AA7-A7E4-B291C0F52945_1_201_a.jpeg
BE2BC6E9-8807-4D40-9D41-B3B851222446_1_201_a.jpeg
4E47322E-EE3D-40CB-AF36-AFD00E314A82_1_105_c.jpeg
 
Very nice. There looks to be room for 150 coral specimens at least!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new