image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!! Very nice Tim!! Looks like you have had fantastic growth in a short time:0) Great polyp extension and so healthy looking! Kudos to you!!

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. It's been a while. I know I've been horrible at updating this!

But I've actually done a ton.

Since the last update I got tired of worrying about scratches evertime I sneezed near the display. So I went seeking a glass tank. I found one at a steal (like so good I was worried it was ) still in the box! So the acrylic came down and glass up!

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an updated picture of the display. A few of the corals are still recovering from the shock of the transfer. And the red huge monti was sold because it just outgrew my tank and a friend just got a huge new tank that looked empty ... I ditched the sand and left the bottom bare this time.. A move I'm so glad I did... I have 5 different new encrusting montis so far glued to the bottom.. So hopefully that will make a nice replacement for the sand.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to the sump room.. Where the current action is.. The fuge in the back with algae scrubber just got tore out last night.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I tore out the crap in the old fuge.. I took the giant rock out and set it on the floor.. Apparently it had a few bristle worms living inside it.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was as of a few hours ago. It's heating gonna add some air.. And let it cycle separate from the system.. Then tie it all back in when it's all good

image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATS worked very well before.. So on this tank it will be the same.. The only difference is instead of the screens going down into the tank they'll be suspended above (one over each cutout) the tank. And so it's not a mess and much safer then the last setup. I built these boxes that will go around them and bulkheads will plumb them down to the water level. I'll update when I finish building them.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the same time.. The frag tank will be getting tore out soon. (The one closest in the picture).. That will be replaced with a new rimless glass tank I'm building. (Should probably do a build thread on that ) but I'll post more in the near future.. I'm tired and it's almost 3 AM New Years morning.

image.jpeg

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new overkill refugium is still cycling. Mr. Butthead hasn't even been moved to the tank yet because I'm having a few heater issues on it at the moment (that won't be an issue once tied all together) but I want to make sure it's stable before moving him. After all he's gonna be nice enough to cycle it for me. I'll at least make the temperature nice for him.. (Although he's responsible for killing some expensive fish in the past but I'm a humane guy)

Anyway while that's going on I'm doing the frag tank (yay!)

I just made a separate build thread here for that.. And will post pics of it here when it's complete ;)

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/50-gallon-rimless-frag-tank.228484/#post-2653541

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quicky update.. The glass company is taking there sweet time cutting the glass.. But my new light for the frag tank from @SB Reef Lights showed up today so I hung it quick.. :) I know I'll be eventually needing another one but with my back surgery and the reduced income I'm making 1 work for now and will pick up another down the road. So it's official.. No more MH on my system :( it's a sad day, rip but it's just time to face facts that technology has caught up. ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm glad it came before the new frag tank anyway.. The MH bulb was way past its needing to be replaced and was right at that sweet spot for growing algae.. And I didn't want to buy a new bulb knowing I was switching to LEDs.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
timkenagy

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuge is cycled and ready for plumbing.. I've just not felt so great the last week or so.. I'm dragging myself down to work on rebuilding the ATS now.. :)
1 of 2 is drilled and bulkhead installed. I think I'm gonna like the newer version.
image.jpeg

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 52 34.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back