Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C28689BF-D3D3-4982-81D3-6D69F70DCD5C.jpeg
51CD5149-9B59-4E0F-ABEA-A8D829FC41E8.jpeg
Hi all,
My tank has been going now for about 2 years.
I’ve had my up and downs with it as my son was born, moved, work, and hurricanes. Starting to bounce back pretty well. My goal on this tank is to stay as low maintenance as I can. I know I will be moving in the near future so I don’t want to stock too heavy either.

Setup:
Deep Blue Rimless 60 gallon Cube
Stand built by me 44” tall for plenty of room
Tsunami sump 20”x9”
Nyos Quantum 120 Skimmer
Hydor Smart Level ATO w/ Aqualifter pump
Jebao 4 channel doser
Jebao dc 12000 return pump
Jebao RW-4 and PP-4 powerheads
Aqua Illumination Hydra 52hd with mount

Livestock:
Female Platinum Clown
Male Black Snowflake Clown
Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
Green Star Polyps
Kenya Tree
Neon Cabbage Leather
Green Finger Leather
Red Mushroom
Blue pimpled/Green Rim Mushroom
Gold/Green Mouth Galaxea
Green Toadstool
Dragons Breath Macro Algae
Sand Sifting Star
Nassarius Snails ~ 10
Red Banded Torchus Snails ~ 10

Will begin to update with growth pictures and changes to the tank. Any feedback or questions are welcomed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely not as organized as it could be, but I’m working on it. All the space I really have in my apartment so it all has to fit lol. My next upgrade I’ll be looking to get a cube sump with matching ato reservoir (or built in) and dosing containers.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F786C77F-9A73-4545-B199-CBFED94FD99E.jpeg
32D0E177-005A-4C89-B95D-477464014070.jpeg

Currently towards the end of a Dino outbreak. Under the stand is a little different as I changed out the Nextreef reactor with an Aquamaxx FR-SE to give me a little more room. I’m going to be upgrading to a Trigger 18” cube sump next weekend.

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear you’re beating the Dino. The tank looks great!

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Trigger Systems 18” cube sump. Going to move the tank into another room and change up the sump area. Want to hide the wires and most likely have to get a different Ato reservoir. Updates coming.

fightingfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m brand new to all of this, and am in the process of acquiring the supporting hardware for a 60gal cube. What are you using for your ATO container, and where are you putting it? With the sump in my stand, I have hardly any room for anything else!

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions of your stand fightingfish? And what sump Do you have? The stands are what limit everything else for these tanks. That’s why a lot of people make their own. I am currently using a 5 gal bucket as an ATO reservoir but it won’t work for my upgraded sump. Im probably waiting to see how it all fits before making a final decision on my new ATO.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reef2reef #worldwidecorals #mywwccontest

Waiting on a couple of unions to arrive and I will have everything I need for moving the tank and redoing the sump area.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9BAF942C-921D-4AC4-B76D-0BFEB1C6D263.jpeg

Got a lot of work ahead of me. Have to clean up the sump a little bit since I bought it used. I’m going to have to wait a week or two to make sure I’ll have enough time to tear down the tank, redo the stand, and put back together. Going to be at least a 2 day ordeal.

Now anyone have any suggestions on best way to clean the sump up?

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to post a few pics of my filtration set up. I'm also using a trigger systems sump only mine is the Ruby rather than crystal. That sump takes up all the space under the tank and I'm using a 20 high for topoff water that is in a closet next to the tank.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m debating now on adding an algae reactor and turning my fuge section into a little frag section. Mostly will depend on if the reactor will fit in with the skimmer.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surfzone- I think it definitely be snug but I’m going to take my time and lay it out the best I can for ease of access and running the wires. Ato reservoir will be the biggest point of concern as I’m not sure what’s going to fit. May have to get something built.

Bmasculine

Serial SPS murderer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using the jebao doser? I just bought one, wondering if you were happy with it. I got it on eBay for 70$ so even if it’s not great I don’t feel to bad about it.

OP
OP
S

Stpeteshawn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D5CF5D3F-1568-4114-84ED-B8373AAB8052.jpeg
BB8984F2-BC75-445A-8483-C2D0C72B84F4.jpeg
Moved the tank this past weekend. Been trying to get it done for some time now. Restained and painted the inside of the stand. I’m going to build a small electrical/equipment cabinet that’ll fit next to the stand. This will grant me extra space and “clean up” under the stand. I also have to get a 1” MarinePure block to raise my skimmer, figure out how I want to do my ato reservoir, and I am looking into a ClearView lid for my tank. Almost there, “finished” pictures to come.

Back