My Deep Blue shallow 24x24x12

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my tank is officially 18 months old. I gave the tank a great cleaning this week. The sump was way overdue. I also picked up a new meat coral I will post pictures of it later. But here is the sump all jazzed up.

Yep looking nice and clean and well set up too ....

Munch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup, any detail on the your custom built filter floss holder? Where's it sit in your sump, off your drain or?

OP
OP
lawnman

lawnman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice setup, any detail on the your custom built filter floss holder? Where's it sit in your sump, off your drain or?
I can't take credit for it. I found a thread on here and copied it. Yes it just sits in my sump with the drain PVC inside it. Really simple but works GREAT.

alberthiel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't take credit for it. I found a thread on here and copied it. Yes it just sits in my sump with the drain PVC inside it. Really simple but works GREAT.

Good for you ... I just set up a 10 G in addition to the 20 G and some experimental tanks I have, and I added a Tetra EX-30 to the 10 G and wow what a flow ... only problem is what they have in the back is really useless IMO ... I will have to remove that and replace it with floss and bags with Al oxide, or GFO, and some carbon, and maybe some Poly-Filter material so I get true chemical filtration ... what they have is a pad for bio filter and that has some carbon in it ... not really what I want ... But the flow is good and it is noiseless ... Had a Tetra-10 on it which I think is a bit too small for a reef even a small one ...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome tank! I love the healthy (and very hungry) LPS...and the BTA centerpiece is excellent!!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 16.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 140 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back