My DIY Stand And Sump

TheHerbanLegend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a stand for my 29g tank and built a 20g 3stage sump with room for built in refugium. I can take more pictures or explain what's going on if anyone is interested.
IMG_20180703_192515729.jpeg
IMG_20180703_192500325_LL.jpeg
IMG_20180703_192133088.jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting DIY build. Maybe a bit of explanation would be helpful. It looks pretty creative.

OP
OP
TheHerbanLegend

TheHerbanLegend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting DIY build. Maybe a bit of explanation would be helpful. It looks pretty creative.
So I cut a 1" hole in the tank and added an in tank fine cone filter so nothing gets sucked in, it is fed down the pvc tubing via gravity and falls into a top chamber that hold filter floss, bio balls and live rock, it then gets filtered down into the bottom chamber inside the big tub, inside that chamber the water is pushed up through live sand, aragonite, crushed shells and more bio balls before being filtered out through holes I punched in the top of the chamber and the water flows out into the external third chamber which is stocked full of live rock, filter floss a powerhead and a heater, I then have a 1200gph pump pushing the water back up to the tank where it falls in front of a powerhead and gets pushed to a third powerhead. I plan on attaching a ATO and drip system into the return line going into the tank to it gets mixed nicely as it reaches the DT, any questions ask away I am happy to answer them thanks for the nice comment! Happy reefing!

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now that's even more cool and more creative than I thought!

Now I see you just joined R2R, but this can't be your first tank. It had to take some knowledge of what you were doing to set that system up. It's a great design and I assume it's rather inexpensive. Good job.

OP
OP
TheHerbanLegend

TheHerbanLegend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, now that's even more cool and more creative than I thought!

Now I see you just joined R2R, but this can't be your first tank. It had to take some knowledge of what you were doing to set that system up. It's a great design and I assume it's rather inexpensive. Good job.
Thanks Ron! and yeah it was very inexpensive compared to prebuilt sump systems and no this isn't my first tank I had a 55g FOWLR and a 20g FOWLR in the past, this time around I am going to do a 29g reef with the sump I have 59g of water and plan to add a 10g QT

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back