My dog has cancer :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter jenjen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jenjen

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2016
Messages
76
Reaction score
130
Location
Langley BC, Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to this forum and lurk more than I contribute, but you all seem like a good bunch and I just need somewhere to turn today.

I brought my 11 year old shih tzu / bichon into emerg last night due to some symptoms that had appeared to be getting better over the past 2 weeks and suddenly got much much worse last night. He's stable for the time being but, after all the poking and prodding they could think of to do, they have found a large mass on his liver.

Long conversations with 3 different vets has put me in the current position of having to decide what to do now. He's having an ultra sound shortly to find out whether it's likely to be operable, but even if it is the outcome of surgery isn't particularly promising. Chemotherapy is an option but only to make him more comfortable, not as a potential cure. Or keep him comfortable and take things day by day.

It's not my first fur baby that I've gone through this type of thing with, but that never makes it any easier. :(

I know everyone has things they're going through, but if anyone has a prayer or positive thought they can spare I'd sure appreciate it.
 
So sorry you are going through this. I went through the exact same with my cat Buddy several years back. It's never easy when such a beloved pet is so sick. With such tough decisions facing you, please know that many prayers are being sent your way to help you get through. Hang in there.
 
I'm sorry to hear this. I faced a similar situation as a 35 year old man and still turned to my parents for advice and support. Turn to those you love and trust for support. You will know the right decision in your heart. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Sorry to hear that my friend.
I had to put down this summer my dog right before I had made big plans with him while we were in Utah Parkcity but the dog angels needed him more than me.
Pretty sure he's at a good place and can run the fields of dreams any time of the day.
 
So sorry to hear. :(
Why is it our animals seem to get cancer so often these days?! Even when spending $50 on a bag of kibble their entire life.
We've had several cats and dogs that passed from cancer and one died from canine diabetes.
So frustrating and sad.
Positive thoughts sent your way.
 
I've lost three within the last year. Al of my girls, the boys were lost for a little while. We're gonna be here for you. Keep us posted about his welfare. Either way you go.

J
 
So sorry to hear about your dog. I recently lost mine to a aggressive cancer, we just kept her comfortable and spent time with her. Thoughts are with you.
 
Thank you all for your kind words.

I just talked to the vet. Ultrasound showed severe liver damage. Not operable. We are picking him up to come home for as long as we can keep him comfortable. The vet said he may have weeks, at the most.

So heart wrenching.

You know what? You'll enjoy every minute, and make it the best time you've ever spent. When they go back to whatever we're all from, they'll remember us. Who knows, they might even be waiting on us.

[emoji6]
 
Thank you all for your kind words.

I just talked to the vet. Ultrasound showed severe liver damage. Not operable. We are picking him up to come home for as long as we can keep him comfortable. The vet said he may have weeks, at the most.

So heart wrenching.

Shower him with all the love he can handle and cherish every moment of his last days.
 
Not cool, your know, I love my aquarium but when it comes to both my min pins, that are tops and easily part of the family. I will be thinking of your friend.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new