My Dogface puffer got bit accidentally.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike7744
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Mike7744

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 29, 2021
Messages
403
Reaction score
183
Location
Wareham
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was feeding my puffers, I feed by hand usually one fish at a time, been doing this for 3 years. Went to my Dogface puffer ( his name is Spot) with food he grabbed it at the same time my big Porcupine puffer went for the food and missed instead he bit the Dogface puffer under his belly.
I dropped the food grabbed a isolation box and cought him before he could hide.
He seems ok, the bite seems like it just broke the skin, no blood or open skin.
Should i keep him isolated for a while look for infection ? I have Metroplex and Kanaplex on hand if needed.

20260118_192132.jpg 20260118_192152.jpg 20260118_192121.jpg
 
I was feeding my puffers, I feed by hand usually one fish at a time, been doing this for 3 years. Went to my Dogface puffer ( his name is Spot) with food he grabbed it at the same time my big Porcupine puffer went for the food and missed instead he bit the Dogface puffer under his belly.
I dropped the food grabbed a isolation box and cought him before he could hide.
He seems ok, the bite seems like it just broke the skin, no blood or open skin.
Should i keep him isolated for a while look for infection ? I have Metroplex and Kanaplex on hand if needed.

20260118_192132.jpg 20260118_192152.jpg 20260118_192121.jpg
This is an instance where this should heal on its own but assure its healing and not becoming red or so which would warrant treatment using seachem Neoplex in a separate tank or container
 
Ok thanks, ill will monitor him and treat with Neoplex if needed
 
Ok thanks, ill will monitor him and treat with Neoplex if needed

Since the bite was just a misguided feeding and not from aggression, I don’t think you need to isolate the puffer. It might be stressed out in a small container like that.
 
Since the bite was just a misguided feeding and not from aggression, I don’t think you need to isolate the puffer. It might be stressed out in a small container like that.
Let him out this morning, he looks ok
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new