My dream tank in mini

Interesting concept, one thing that I do not understand; it drains into one sump and returned to each compartment the chemistry will be the same throughout. SPS needs are almost nutrient free and yet you are able to feed the LPS continuously, adding more nutrient to the system. I think I am missing something here. It's obviously working out, how are you able to keep nitrate and phosphate down in order to satisfy your SPS

Yes, I keep this as a LN tank to keep the sps happy. Normally this would starve acans and most other LPS, but remember I feed live food. It is good for everything as zoo plankton. SPS and LPS both consume zoo planktons and I feed a lot of that. It being live food keeps the nutrients being introduced very low and gives all the corals what they are looking for food wise instead of trying to feed them things pre packaged and not on their normal diet.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new