My Early Christmas Present.

SteveMM62Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2020
Messages
2,639
Reaction score
1,617
Location
La Plata
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a Rescued Yellow Tang, that was on Facebook. The Guy, didn’t have time for his Aquarium and was moving on top of that. Picked it up Monday Night, when I got it home, water pegged my Hydrometer at 40ppt. Yikes! Did a Four Hour Drip, to bring it down, with water from my 120. Didn’t think it would make it through the night. As it couldn’t swim. Next morning it was freely swimming, but breathing heavy. We had a planned trip out of town for two days. Another Yikes! Came back, it looks good and is eating off of the Auto Feeder. Also loves frozen Pygmy Angel Formula.
 
Congrats :)

I had a little school of 3 Yellows in my tank, cool guys :)

Had other Zebra. like a Gem, Black, Black Hybrid and Purple. The Yellows seemed a bit more fun if that makes sense.
 
Got some Pictures
today.
 

Attachments

  • D9D366A0-87F4-4F6C-A391-8BB50CAB77F6.jpeg
    D9D366A0-87F4-4F6C-A391-8BB50CAB77F6.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 96896DDE-A7C4-4B90-BC14-9C5C2B3A63F9.jpeg
    96896DDE-A7C4-4B90-BC14-9C5C2B3A63F9.jpeg
    170.8 KB · Views: 42
Update on the Yellow Tang. It has HLLE, there’s a very small wound above it’s Left Eye. A larger more noticeable wound above it’s Right Eye. Nothing apparent on the Lateral Line. Left eye has almost healed. Tang is pigging Frozen Emerald Formula and Pygmy Angel Formula well. Also eats Green Nori Flake, but won’t touch the stuff in the Algae Clip. Also I have a Neon Cleaner Goby, and I’ve seen it in the Tang a few times.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new