My eBay Brightwell Phosphate E Lanthanum Chloride Dosing system

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My eBay Brightwell Phosphate E Lanthanum Chloride Dosing system
I am starting with Brightwell Phosphate E before moving on to the big Guns with pool phosphate remover.
10ML an hour over 4 days or so dosed into my protein skimmer. I am going to start with a 1/2 per day with the dose mixed into 1000 ML of RO water.

lanthanum Doser.JPG

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure that you don't drop the po4 any faster than the aragonige in your tank can release it. The up/down can be a problem but just lowering slowly in a linear fashion.

I am interested to see if the LC will steadily drip or eventually clog. Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I slowed the rate to 5ml per hour and dosing 1/2 the maximum daily dose over 6-8 days, so hopefully, it wont clog off the RO tubing

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far no clogging issues, no whiteout in the tank, no jump in skimate, just a fine coating of white color on the inside of the RO tubing, but I'm only dosing one drop every 20 seconds, 9.0 ML in 1000 ML of RO water.

I did order a IV Pressure Infusion Bag from Amazon because the top of my skimmer is almost the same height as the bottom of the 1000 ML bag, the drops slow down quite a bit when the bag is almost empty. The pressure bag will ensure the same drops per minute throughout the whole 1000 ML dosing.

TheCa11ousOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this system work?! I have been manually dosing 1 ml of Phosphate-E a day… but need to go out of town for 8, then 18, then 20 days.

Looking for options that are fancy dosing systems.

OP
OP
KnH

KnH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's just an eBay IV bag with a Braun Rate Flow Regulator I.V. Set, I mix up a set amount of RO water and LC and drip it into my protein skimmer over a week.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back