My electrical setup, any suggestions?!

Dylan7huskies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys this is what I just set up for my electric running to my innovative marine 20. Any suggestions to help keep it less of a fire hazard??
C8A0323C-D680-4E95-BCAA-293D7D87C912.jpeg

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have taken a picture of my stand before I cleaned it up a couple days ago; talk about a rat's nest! Only took me a year and change to get all the cords, power supplies, and ballasts off the floor LOL.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of mine are in a plastic tub to protect them if water gets on the floor... again! ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make only one suggestion, put a little more slack in the power cords running to the bottom power strip. It appears that the cords are running downhill. If they get wet, water could run to the power strip and cause a short/trip/etc. Just another inch of slack will provide a drip loop so that if it does get wet, water will run to the lowest point on the cord, which would be away from the power strip.

OP
OP
Dylan7huskies

Dylan7huskies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd make only one suggestion, put a little more slack in the power cords running to the bottom power strip. It appears that the cords are running downhill. If they get wet, water could run to the power strip and cause a short/trip/etc. Just another inch of slack will provide a drip loop so that if it does get wet, water will run to the lowest point on the cord, which would be away from the power strip.
I don’t know how I didn’t see that! Thank you!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back