• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My experience with Aquatic Life Fixture

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad experience with aquatic life customer service. Will not buy another light ever ever again. Fixture arrived with broken light, company said, not our problem!

stay away reefers..

Thanks

Last edited:

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I'm not sure who ReefJesus is but would be willing to look into it if I knew the customers details.

Shipping damages are usually addressed by the shipper, as we do not have ability to discuss with the carrier unless the product is shipped directly from Aquaticlife.

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure who ReefJesus is but would be willing to look into it if I knew the customers details.

Shipping damages are usually addressed by the shipper, as we do not have ability to discuss with the carrier unless the product is shipped directly from Aquaticlife.

Your ‘authorized’ retailer would not replace the broken bulb within the fixture, and aquatic life stated, “not our problem.” Your customer service stated that I need to resolve with the authorized retailer.

Possibly, one of the worst customer service responses EVER! I drop some serious cash, and receive a broken fixture. Shame on you!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I moved these posts to the feedback forum. As always, Team R2R hopes that resolution can be possible.

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My particular light fixture did have bulbs. Note the non response from aquatic life. Silence screams volumes around how they service their customers. I will not buy again..

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
My particular light fixture did have bulbs. Note the non response from aquatic life. Silence screams volumes around how they service their customers. I will not buy again..

Hi ReefJesus, yes over 5 years ago you did receive a fixture from an online retailer. You did NOT contact the shipper of the fixture when your HQI fixture arrived with a damaged lamp. We offered to contact them for you but that was not what you wanted us to do. As we did not ship the fixture we would not have the option of contacting the shipping carrier and start the claim on their behalf or yours.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside comments are not allowed on a feedback thread. However, links to your own feedback thread from a company are allowed.

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ReefJesus, yes over 5 years ago you did receive a fixture from an online retailer. You did NOT contact the shipper of the fixture when your HQI fixture arrived with a damaged lamp. We offered to contact them for you but that was not what you wanted us to do. As we did not ship the fixture we would not have the option of contacting the shipping carrier and start the claim on their behalf or yours.

That was your particular ask, not mine. My ask was that you replace and honor your implied warranty as a manufacturer. I had ordered a light fixture and had expected it to arrive in working order. Your internal packing of the light bulb was horrible from a mfg perspective, and you did not step up and resolve the problem due to your own internal issues. That poor packaging from a mfg perspective was never going to survive any freight without damage. If you are allowing merchants to sell online, then your mfg packaging needs to have minimum shipping protections.

I have not purchased an aquaticlife fixture ever since. Ironically, all my other branded light fixtures have arrived without damage. At this point, I think it’s more important that hobbyists see my experience with aquaticlife. Your company has taken it’s position for the world of reefers to see...

RJ

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s amazing how these small hobbyist companies like aquariclife can get away ripping off their customers., unchecked..

Last edited by a moderator:

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting, that reef 2 reef is now defending aquaticlife for poor customer service and poor product quality by aquaticlife. Looks to me like a serious conflict of interest in protecting the sponsor and not warning the new hobbyists to aquaticlife business practice. Shame on reef 2 reef for trying to silence me. Looks like sponsors are valued over the free speech of the average hobbyist. It’s interesting how commercial interest always outweighs the speech of a single hobbyist. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Wait till a moderator has the same poor experience with a aquaticlife fixture, then the shoe will be on the other foot.
Your feedback thread is still in public view for all to see. Also please freshen up on the terms of service you agreed to when signing up.

https://www.reef2reef.com/help/terms

Specifically this:
“Complaints about moderator decisions may not be made in posts; instead send a private message to a moderator. If a moderator deletes or edits one of your posts and you disagree with the action, contact the moderator concerned. Do not repost deleted material.”

And also the feedback forum rules:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/please-read-before-posting-feedback-forum-guidelines.172327/

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New hobbyists,

Stay away from aquaticlife fixtures. I have a broken fixture on my floor which aquaticlife life was not willing to help repair even while the light was new!

Stay away!

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a reminder. I still have a broken aquaticlife on my floor. It was defective from day one. Please Stay away from aquaticlife products.

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This vendor has been horrible, and I still have a faulty light that does not work.

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This vendor does not stand by there products. Buyer beware! It’s all greed with this supplier. Broken light on my floor.
This vendor has been horrible, and I still have a faulty light that does not work.
i

OP
OP
ReefJesus

ReefJesus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Avoid aquaticlife fixtures! Company does not stand by its product. Mine arrived,broken and would not admit that their shipping packaging was inadequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back