My First ‘Mail Order Fish’ In 25 Years Just Arrived!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AEC38E0D-18F6-4AC2-A40D-9D7C962AEDAB.jpeg

I have been buying saltwater fish for 25 years— always in-person from an LFS. But after much hand-wringing over the decision, I saw that ‘one last fish’ that I have been looking for to start acclimating now as my tanks are currently being built.

I bought this WYSIWYG Pinktail Trigger from Diver’s Den, and it came Overnight Fed Ex today. The packing was phenomenal— I literally lost track of how many bag-in-a-bag in-bags I went through to get to the fish; which arrived in A+ condition. I had an observation tank ready at .019 salinity (guessing +/- where the bag water might be), and it arrived at .021, so not much of a step-down to acclimate him. He’s eating like a horse and acts like a tank has ALWAYS been his ocean. No hiding... not spooked by noises or movement.

Bottom-line: Unless he keels over tomorrow, this has been a very positive experience. I still like the in-store atmosphere of a high-end LFS, but I might not wait 25 more years to try this again (lol) for the certain ‘must have’ fish. Best wishes.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AEC38E0D-18F6-4AC2-A40D-9D7C962AEDAB.jpeg

I have been buying saltwater fish for 25 years— always in-person from an LFS. But after much hand-wringing over the decision, I saw that ‘one last fish’ that I have been looking for to start acclimating now as my tanks are currently being built.

I bought this WYSIWYG Pinktail Trigger from Diver’s Den, and it came Overnight Fed Ex today. The packing was phenomenal— I literally lost track of how many bag-in-a-bag in-bags I went through to get to the fish; which arrived in A+ condition. I had an observation tank ready at .019 salinity (guessing +/- where the bag water might be), and it arrived at .021, so not much of a step-down to acclimate him. He’s eating like a horse and acts like a tank has ALWAYS been his ocean. No hiding... not spooked by noises or movement.

Bottom-line: Unless he keels over tomorrow, this has been a very positive experience. I still like the in-store atmosphere of a high-end LFS, but I might not wait 25 more years to try this again (lol) for the certain ‘must have’ fish. Best wishes.
Nice looking fish! :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
You got a winner. Tough as nails, hardy and resilient to disease. Good citizen for the marine tank

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish. DD fish almost always in great condition on arrival. I even had a tamarin wrasse that arrived more than 48 hours after being bagged (through no fault of DD) that did great.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back