My newest family member

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to restock my frozen foods today, so I took a drive out to my favorite LFS.

As always, I had to roam the fish room for a bit while I was there. What do my wandering eyes see? A real beauty and it looks healthy!! I call over one of the workers and ask if I can see him eat and sure enough he nibbled a couple flakes. OK bro, bag him up!!! $49.95 later and he was in the car in his insulated box for the 45 minute drive to his new home.

Currently he is acclimating in his bag. I will most likely release him about an hour after lights out tonight.

And here his is in all his beauty (well if you can ignore the wrinkles in the plastic bag... lol)
IMG_0226.jpg

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow $50 for a CBB . Good find. I would of bag him too

Exactly!! I was eyeballing a Clown Tang in the same tank, but I already have several Tangs. Plus, I have a LOT of Aiptasia and that CBB just needed to come home with me. At that price I couldn't pass it up.

Even the gal at the register was like "WOW that's a great price"

spoons

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed to restock my frozen foods today, so I took a drive out to my favorite LFS.

As always, I had to roam the fish room for a bit while I was there. What do my wandering eyes see? A real beauty and it looks healthy!! I call over one of the workers and ask if I can see him eat and sure enough he nibbled a couple flakes. OK bro, bag him up!!! $49.95 later and he was in the car in his insulated box for the 45 minute drive to his new home.

Currently he is acclimating in his bag. I will most likely release him about an hour after lights out tonight.

And here his is in all his beauty (well if you can ignore the wrinkles in the plastic bag... lol)
lucky man!!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0226.jpg
Make sure to feed plenty of Mysis and possibly Bloodworms;

I cut down on mysis to 1 cube a day recently so that I could feed more of a variety. And I also stopped Bloodworms altogether. This combo was a bad move as my CBB of 4 years went incredibly skinny within a week.
IMG_7230.jpeg

I’m now feeding mysis and bloodworms again but it’s not easy to have her regain health. She’s bouncing back but it’s harder to get her to be so far this time (here’s what she looked like a year or two ago).
IMG_0582.jpeg

1C41A5FE-594B-4092-B6FB-F72898CE544A.jpeg

However even with this issue she’s still one of the easier fish I’ve got. And I’m not trying to scare you away from this fish but more so trying to help you to learn from my mistakes :)
And yes, somehow people prefer this beauty over my designer clownfish… but I guess it’s not like they’re going for my clownfish over a ~140USD fish anymore.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to feed plenty of Mysis and possibly Bloodworms;

I cut down on mysis to 1 cube a day recently so that I could feed more of a variety. And I also stopped Bloodworms altogether. This combo was a bad move as my CBB of 4 years went incredibly skinny within a week.
IMG_7230.jpeg

I’m now feeding mysis and bloodworms again but it’s not easy to have her regain health. She’s bouncing back but it’s harder to get her to be so far this time (here’s what she looked like a year or two ago).
IMG_0582.jpeg

1C41A5FE-594B-4092-B6FB-F72898CE544A.jpeg

However even with this issue she’s still one of the easier fish I’ve got. And I’m not trying to scare you away from this fish but more so trying to help you to learn from my mistakes :)
And yes, somehow people prefer this beauty over my designer clownfish… but I guess it’s not like they’re going for my clownfish over a ~140USD fish anymore.

I feed my tank a mix of about 10 different frozen cubes. I mix up about a weeks worth at a time. Reef pack, coral cuisine, brine shrimp, Mysis, cyclops, seaweed, emerald, plankton, reef plankton, squid, mussels.. I feed about 6 tablespoonfulls of this blend daily. seems to work for what I have had in my tank.. Based on this, I may add a cube extra of Mysis per day.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it has been 28 or so hours now since I released this beauty into the tank. He sat in the corner behind a rock all of last night and most of today. About 2 hours ago he decided to start exploring a bit. I see him swimming around now. He is taking frozen mysis a few here and there. Haven't seen him nibbling on any of the Aiptasia yet. Just the fact he's not hiding behind the rock is encouraging.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and other than a cursory examination by the Yellow and Mata tangs, nobody has shown any aggression whatsoever towards him.

OP
OP
Jedi1199

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity, I did a quick search online for CBB of the same size available. The cheapest I saw, for a fish about 3/4 this size was double what I paid PLUS shipping!!

One about the same was triple, PLUS shipping!!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a fabulous picture of this guy tonight... definitely worthy of a POTM entry next time it comes up as a subject.

IMG_0237-2.jpg
I’ve been wanting a POTM of this topic to show my CBB off. Maybe we’ll get one soon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back